Khnum's blog | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. Hello, assorted kin!

    Just an update as to why I've gone suddenly quiet -I'm on holidays and don't have my computer with me. I would join Discord but my phone is antiquated and can't run it! So I'll return 'pon a later date.
  2. Polished silver has always looked sort of angry to me. That sort of icy anger which you can tell will last for years and years, the lofty sort. I extrapolated from there. More babbles will follow.

    Copper looks like it's laughing. I'm not sure why, but I know what at -it's not an unkind laugh, but it's a highly amused one, faintly mocking.

    Iron looks melancholic, almost apologetically so. Iron is sad and Iron is sorry, and I'm not quite sure what for.

    Tin looks afraid. Pewter looks shrewd. Bronze is embarrassed and Brass is proud and vain. Aluminium is excited and slightly out of breath.

    Lead, Chrome, and Steel don't babble.

    Gold is drunk. A happy drunk but drunk nonetheless.
    Vishuddha and The Observer like this.
  3. The Anonymous Dragon - Kinmunity Media Contest 1 Entry | Kinmunity

    Hello!

    So, the description box in the media center itself wasn't quite big enough for the full details on how I made my entry for the competition this year, but I figured some may be curious anyway, so I'll use my first blog post as an overflow spot for the info.

    This is my fourth dragon sculpture over two years (though the first using scales made of plate and not entirely out of wire), and I have a system of sorts in place -a frame made from very thick copper wire at the center, a stick-figure dragon of sorts, and then fleshing out with slightly thinner wire (about half the gauge of the first) until I have something that resembles muscles or a heavy enough silhouette to work (the thick wire at the center also allows for posing).

    The final step is skin and membranes, which is done with very thin wire (about the thickness of sewing thread), and this is the final detail on most of it (the membraning on the wings is done here, by wrapping the wire around the wing bones one at a time in a radiating pattern like a very tightly woven spiderweb).

    In this one on the tails, neck, and legs, triangles of thin copper plate of varying size were cut out and then folded over with the points overlapping to create segments or scales. The full thing took three days in varying bursts of intensity, but probably amounts to twenty or so hours overall.