Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
  • comments
  • views

Updates and things


So my SSI hearing has been set for March 8, and I have to figure out how to get there, since neither I nor my mom can drive. I've been worried about whether my lawyer had been getting my medical records so I called yesterday and he never called back. Called again today and left a message and someone finally called me. I talked to them about it, and they said he doesn't get records until right before the hearing, because people continue to see their doctors. Getting records now would be pointless, cause in a month there would be new medical records to get.

He will also have to pay to get them and I'd have to reimburse him, BUT! I can request them myself for free since I'm the patient. They're gonna call me after the first of the year to work out times for me to meet with my lawyer, and I will have to find a way to get to meetings too. There is a company here called SMTS that does Medicaid transport, and general transport for disabled people. I asked mom how I could prove I was disabled, and she was like "Well if you don't have kids, you can't get Medicaid unless you're disabled." So I guess the fact that I have Medicaid is proof that I'm disabled. If my driver tomorrow is Liz (the one who gave us the coffee pot) I will ask her about general transportation.

Other than that, I'm okay. I'm still depressed, but I'm not totally breaking down like I was. I still miss Aiden. I will always miss him. Its just not the same without him. I rarely have anyone to talk to, so I feel lonely all the time. At least he would talk to me, ya know? Even if it was just to meow at me and *flop* on me. I've been trying to spend more time with my headmate partner too. I still haven't gotten any other EVPs, tho there is what sounds like the start of a "Goodnight" on my Dream Talk app again last night.

I guess thats really it. I woke up around 10:30am (between 10:30 and 11, I think) and I was so exhausted until just a bit ago. Its just about 2:30 now. So it takes me about 4 hours to fully wake up.

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

I'm also going through the SSI thing, and it's rough. Giving you all the good vibes. ❤️

Share this comment

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now