enjoy my answers!
Kintype (fictionkin oof)
1. What is your kintype/s? I'm part demon, part wolf, part angel! (I need a hybrid name, help)
2. What methods did you use to discover your kintype? Validated via meditation, dense questioning, astral plane visiting.
3. How long did it take you to figure out your kintype? Two or three years
4. Have you ever misidentified your kintype? If so, what did you mistake it for, and why do you think this was? Yes! In the years before my awakening, I thought I could possibly have been a dragon of sorts due to my phantom limbs being what you'd see on them in literature and media, along with the limbs described by dragonkin.
5. How sure are you that you are right about your kintype? Do you ever have doubts? I've looked at many other sources, and nothing else fits. I've doubted, but then the memories and astral stuff says "NO".
6. Overall, do you like your kintype? Dislike it? Have no opinion either way? I enjoy it.
7. List five things you like about your kintype. (1) Its pretty unique as far as species goes (2) I have cute floof on my wings (3) I have the best home and best Bf ever. (4) I can literally say I survived Joeys wrath (5) I have regeneration powers m8!
8. List five things you dislike about your kintype. (1) I have no canon mates. (2) because of how many mislead people on tumblr believe themselves to kin with my source, im not taken seriously. (3) My source got many details of my canon wrong. (4) people mistake me for a self insert OC (5) having to type out my species because I don't have a proper hybrid name.
9. If you could, would you change your kintype? If so, what would you rather be? Nope! Im happy being me
10. Are you content with your kintype? How long did it take you to accept this part of your identity? Yes, it actually makes a lot of sense for me. I accepted it as soon as I confirmed it.
11. To what extent do you see yourself as (non-physically) non-human? To every extent. Soul wise, mind wise, and so on
12. What experiences and feelings led you to identify as your kintype, rather than with it? Memories, visiting in the astral plane, ect.
13. At what age did you awaken? How long ago was this? I awoke at 14, this was back in 2017.
14. Do you believe something specific triggered your awakening? Yes, my source material
15. How long did your awakening last? Was it a sudden realization, or did it take time? a bit of both, I had a suspicion for a bit, and then boom, the memories just hit me like a nostalgic fist.
16. What did your awakening involve? How did it happen? My awakening involved a game, a song, a love, and... a lot of crying. It happened after I checked out the game that I would soon realize as my source
17. How did you feel during your awakening? What was it like for you emotionally? At first, it was just a twinge in my mind. "Hm, this looks familiar," and "Uh, I dont like this guys voice". Then, more severe emotions hit. Love, fear, anger, joy, belonging, homesickness, sadness, ect. I actually became sick for a few weeks due to how much was going on in my head.
18. Did you know about otherkin/therians prior to your awakening? If so, do you think this could have affected you or played some part in triggering your awakening? Yes, and I did suspect myself to be one. I just didn't know my type.
19. Do you believe you have always identified as non-human, even prior to your awakening? yes
20. Did you experience shifts and/or feelings of being non-human prior to your awakening? yes
21. Do you experience mental shifts? (If no, skip to question 22). Not really, my personallity is the same as back home
i. Describe how your mental shifts feel.
ii. How often do you mentally shift? How intense/vivid are these shifts?
iii. Do you enjoy mental shifting, or not?
iv. What is your favourite part about mentally shifting?
v. What is your least favourite part about mentally shifting?
vi. Do you experience involuntary mental shifts? If so, in what situations do these occur?
vii. Do you experience voluntary mental shifts? If so, how do you do this?
viii. Describe the first mental shift you remember having.
22. Do you experience phantom shifts? (If no, skip to question 23.) yes
i. Describe how your phantom shifts feel. they feel odd and tingly, but they are there
ii. How often do you phantom shift? How intense/vivid are these shifts? Always Ph-shifted. The shifts vary in intensity and vividity, from being not there to being aaa I can't lie down
iii. Do you enjoy phantom shifting, or not? Yes
iv. What is your favourite part about phantom shifting? The way it makes me feel a bit more about myself
v. What is your least favourite part about phantom shifting? Getting my tail stepped on
vi. Do you experience involuntary phantom shifts? If so, in what situations do these occur? The only one that was interesting was a beast shift triggered by a song.
vii. Do you experience voluntary phantom shifts? If so, how do you do this? Im always shifted
viii. Describe the first phantom shift you remember having. I was hanging out with a friend, and I felt as though I had wings that were wrapped around them in a hug.
23. Do you experience dream shifts? (If no, skip to question 24).
i. When you dream shift, do the dreams differ from your typical dreams? In what ways?
ii. How often do you dream shift?
iii. Do you dream shift during lucid or non-lucid dreams, or both?
iv. Describe the first dream shift you remember having.
24. Have you ever experienced a sensory shift? If so, how did this feel? no
25. Have you ever experienced a spiritual or aural shift? If so, how did this feel? How did you know? No
26. If you believe in and practice astral projection, do you take the form of your kintype? Yes! And I meet with my boyfriend there too.
27. Do you experience cameo shifts? (If no, skip to question 28).
i. How often do you experience cameo shifts?
ii. Are these cameo shifts in the form of mental, phantom, dream or other shifts?
iii. How intense/vivid are your cameo shifts?
iv. Are there specific creatures or entities which you are more likely to cameo shift as?
v. If your cameo shifts are as a specific creature/entity, what makes you feel it is not a kintype?
vi. What feelings differentiate your cameo shifts from shifts into your kintype, if any?
vii. Are your cameo shifts voluntary, involuntary or both?
viii. Do you enjoy cameo shifting, or not?
28. Why do you believe you identify as non-human? I am reborn here, and its who I am
29. If you believe you identify as non-human for spiritual reasons; (if not, skip to question 30)
i. What feelings and experiences have led you to believe your identity is spiritual in nature? My awakening, memories, ect
ii. Do you believe you had a past life as your kintype, have the soul of your kintype, or something else? I was myself in my old life
iii. Have you ever experienced flashbacks or memories of existence before your current life? yes
iv. If yes, how do these memories differ from normal dreams/daydreams? In regualr dreams/daydreams, I dream as if I was watching myself in a movie. The memories are seen through my eyes
v. How do you believe you have ended up here, as a human? Do you think it was a choice? I was banished
vi. Do you believe you are here for a reason? If so, what do you think that reason is? Im still figuring that out!
vii. Have your experiences as otherkin affected your other religious and spiritual beliefs, or lack of such beliefs? If so, how? nope
viii. Have you ever seriously considered that your identity may be psychological or neurological in nature? If not, why not? If so, what about it makes you believe it is spiritual instead? I have considered it, but it just doesn't fit.
30. If you believe you identify as non-human for psychological or neurological reasons; (if not, skip to question 31)
i. What feelings and experiences have led you to believe your identity is psychological or neurological in nature?
ii. Do you believe a specific event has led to you developing a non-human identity, or that you were always this way?
iii. Why do you believe your kintype is what it is?
iv. Where do you believe the knowledge that is required to maintain a non-human identity (such as the feelings of mental and phantom shifts) is sourced from?
v. Do you have any fabricated "memories" of being your kintype? If so, why do you think this is?
vi. Have your experiences as otherkin affected your other religious and spiritual beliefs, or lack of such beliefs? If so, how?
vii. Have you ever seriously considered that your identity may be spiritual in nature? If not, why not? If so, what about it makes you believe it is psychological or neurological instead?
31. How did you first find the otherkin community? Was it before or after you awakened? I knew about it before I was awakened, and was introduced through a friend.
32. Do you believe being part of the community has had any impact on your identity? not really, I am who I am, no matter what
33. Do you believe you would know as much about yourself as you do now, if it weren't for the community? probably not, Ive received many tips here
34. What is your favourite part about the online otherkin community? how nice and patient everyone is
35. What is your least favourite part about the online otherkin community? the few sticks in the mud
36. Overall, have your experiences in the community been positive or negative? positive ^^
37. If you were asked to give advice to newly-awakened otherkin, what would you say? Take your time, we all learn at diffrent paces
Effects on life
38. How big of an effect do you believe your otherkin identity has on your life? it has given me a better sense of identity
39. Are you ever inconvenienced by your identity as non-human? sometimes
40. Do you ever feel "homesick" for the habitat or lifestyle of your kintype? If so, how do you deal with this? yes, but I keep telling myself, one day I'll go home
41. Do you ever experience species dysphoria? If so, how does this feel, and how do you deal with it? Yes, It feels terrible. I want to rip off my skin and free whats inside becuase my body just feels so wrong! I just try to avoid mirrors
42. Are there any locations that make you feel more or less connected to your kintype? Why? Amusement parks, because there's one at home
43. Are there any activities that make you feel more or less connected to your kintype? Why? drawing, because im from an animation studio
44. Do you believe your identity as a non-human has affected your interests or career path? im to young for a job
45. Do you believe your non-human identity has affected your personality? Why, or why not? Again, my personality has not changed
46. Do you believe your non-human identity has affected your "moral compass" in any way? nope
47. Do you have any unusual behaviours or quirks that you attribute to your kintype? I make a lot of weird noises
48. Do you have any unusual instinctual reactions or fears that you attribute to your kintype? no
49. If given a choice, would you rather everybody know about your non-human identity, or nobody? everybody. I have no shame!
50. Do you feel it is important for friends/family to know about your non-human identity? Why, or why not? Not really, they know me either way
51. How do you express your non-human identity externally (if you do at all)? I wear fandom merch
52. How open are you about your non-human identity in general? only open with a few choice people
53. Would you ever consider modifying your body to more resemble your kintype (i.e. tattoos, piercings, etc.)? I want horn implants
54. Overall, do you feel that having a non-human identity has been a positive, negative or neutral experience? Positive
55. Have you ever tried to deny, bury or ignore your non-human identity? If so, why? no
56. If given the choice to permanently, physically change into the form of your kintype, would you? Why, or why not? YES! I'd love to feel like myself again
57. What's your favourite thing to do while shifted? hit people with my wings
58. What's your favourite thing to eat or drink while shifted? beef jerky. RIP AND TEAARRR!!!
59. Have you ever done something silly while shifted, only realising after the shift has subsided? tried to assume threat posture, only to realize no one can see my wings/tail
60. If you see something scary while mentally shifted, how do/would you react? s c u r r y a w a y
61. Ever had any embarrassing moments related to your kintype? C'mon, out with it! yea, I accidently talk about characters from my source in a way that gives away that I know/knew them
62. All otherkin have suddenly gained the ability to physically shift! What's the first thing you do? tell everyone I told you so/show off
63. ...And what's the second thing? open an ink portal and go home
64. What would a normal day be like for you if you could physically shift? probably the same, but not because I'd go home!