You may have noticed the "like" (thumbs up) icon that appears towards the bottom on content on Kinmunity. If you move your mouse over the icon (or tap it once on mobile), you'll be presented with even more icons! This is Kinmunity's reaction system. It consists of both reactions reputation points:
A reaction is a graphical image that corresponds with feedback about a post. The reactions in the example above, in order from left to right, are: Friendly, Winner, Informative, Useful, High Quality, Low Quality, Dislike, TL;DR, WTF?, Poor Spelling / Grammar, Too Short / Low Effort, Mean, Rubbish, and Like. Most users can give out up to ten reactions per day, while elders and staff members will be able to give out more. A reaction is given out by hovering over (or tapping on mobile) the "like" icon, and then clicking on the icon of the reaction desired.
A reputation point is a numeric value that accompanies a reaction which effects a user's reputation score. A reaction can be positive, negative, or neutral. A positive reaction contains a reputation point of +1 and a negative reaction contains a reputation point of -1. Neutral reactions have a point value of ±0, so they don't effect scores at all.
The reactions, their attached reputation points, the access level required to use them, and their descriptions are listed below:
- Like +1 (access: everyone) - The most ubiquitous reaction is our like reaction. This reaction is used to indicate that you like (or agree with) a certain piece of content on the site.
- Friendly +1 (access: everyone) - The friendly reaction is meant to be given to content that portrays our site a friendly and welcoming environment, particularly in regards to new users.
- Winner +1 (access: staff) - The winner reaction is a special reaction that can only be given out by staff members. It is awarded to particularly detailed, informative, unique, and meaningful pieces of content.
- Informative +1 (access: everyone) - The informative reaction is meant to be given to content that is detailed, explanatory, and of course... informative! It's a great reaction to use in our Library, but can be used everywhere!
- Useful +1 (access: everyone) - The useful reaction is mainly given to content that was of use to the person giving the reaction. A good example would be advice given in the form of a thread reply.
- High Quality +1 (access: elder, staff) - This reaction is meant to be given to content that is of extremely high quality.
- Low Quality -1 (access: elder, staff) - This reaction is meant to be given to content that is of extremely low quality.
- Dislike ±0 (access: everyone) - The dislike reaction is opposite of the like reaction. It is used to indicate that you dislike (or disagree with) a certain piece of content on the site.
- TL;DR ±0 (access: everyone) - This reaction is intended for content that is overly wordy or lengthy. For example, something that could be said in a sentence rather than a paragraph. It stands for "Too long; did not read" by the way.
- WTF!? ±0 (access: everyone) - This reaction is meant to be used on content that is confusion, strange, or otherwise caused you to ask yourself "What the fox!?"
- Poor Spelling / Grammar -1 - (access: everyone) - This reaction is self explanatory; it is given to content with excessive spelling and grammar errors.
- Too Short / Low Effort -1 - (access: everyone) - This reaction is intended to be given to "low effort" content; content that doesn't contribute anything of value to the discussion at hand or the category it is contained in. An example of this would be a single word "welcome" post in the scent rolling forum.
- Mean -1 (access: everyone) - This reaction is meant to be given to content that is rude in tone or just plain mean!
- Rubbish -1 (access: everyone) - This reaction is meant to be given to content that shouldn't have been posted at all. Spam, troll posts, and other similar garbage content should all receive a ton of these reactions!
Edited by Naia Okami