Registration on Kinmunity is fast, simple, and free. This guide will show you how to register an account on our site, as well as how to avoid some of the most common problems users encounter when registering. If you're still unable to register after reading this guide, click here to contact us and a community manager will assist you!
Before you register...
- Ensure that you are using a home internet connection or personal cellular connection.
In order to prevent abuse of our resources, our security system does not allow users behind VPNs (Virtual Private Networks), proxies, TOR, or similar services to register an account. Occasionally, people who try to register at work or school will also be blocked from registering as our system does not differentiate between malicious and non-malicious VPNs. The best way to remedy this is to simply register from a personal connection or contact us to have an account created for you.
- Ensure that you're using a real email address that has some tenure.
Our security system does not allow registration from disposable or temporary email addresses. This includes legitimate email addresses created for the single purpose of registering a Kinmunity account. These measures are in place to prevent abuse. For the best results, use your every-day email address or your alternate email address that you've received mail to before.
The registration process...
- Towards the top-right of our site, you will see a "Sign Up" button. Click this button to be directed to the registration page or visit https://www.kinmunity.com/register to get started.
- You'll be presented with a registration form. Please fill in this form accurately and to the best of your ability. You'll want to select a username using alphanumeric (A-Z & 0-9) characters and you'll also want to use your real email address. Click "Create my Account" once you've filled it in.
- Your eligibility for registration will be checked by our security system. If you are approved*, you will be sent an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled "You must validate your account to continue". Check your email and click the "Validate my Email address" button within it.
- Once your email address is validated, you will be redirected to the profile completion wizard to finish creating your Kinmunity profile. Once your profile is complete, you'll automatically be granted access to the site.
Common Registration Errors
- That value is not allowed.
Currently, we only allow alphanumeric characters and underscores in display names. A display name cannot contain spaces or special characters. Please try converting removing special characters and converting spaces to underscores and try again. For example, Naia Ōkami becomes Naia_Okami
- This email is disposable, you can't use it.
We do not allow use of disposable email addresses (DEAs). This includes known providers such as Mailinator and 10MinuteMail, as well as single-purpose addressed created on known providers which are setup for the sole purpose of creating an account on Kinmunity. If you receive this error, please use a different email address for registration.
- Your password must be classified as at least Fair.
We require that users select a secure password for their Kinmunity account. This is for protection of both individual users and our site as a whole. A secure password contains at least eight characters consisting of letters, numbers, and symbols and should not be easily guessable.
- Sorry, your account does not meet minimum age requirement.
Due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, you must be at least thirteen years old to join Kinmunity. Kinmunity does not have the infrastructure setup to process parental permission forms, so we cannot make exceptions, sorry!
- Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again.
We ask perspective users a security question to ensure they are not spam-bots. If you get the question wrong, your registration will not be processed. However, you will get another chance to answer it.
- Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
This error indicates that you have been blocked by Google's reCAPTCHA system. This generally happens to users behind a proxy or VPN, but can also happen if your computer is infected with malware. Please try again later.
- We cannot process your registration at this time.
This error indicates that our security system has rejected your registration. You will not be able to create an account using our automated registration system at this time. Please wait twenty-four hours and then try again. If you are still unable to create an account, click here to contact us and we'll manually create an account for you.
*Sometimes, an account will be held for manual review by a Kinmunity staff member. If this happens, you will be able to complete the registration process as soon as your account is approved. A very small number of accounts are outright rejected by our security system. If this happens, don't sweat it! Just contact us and we'll manually create an account for you.