(10-24-15) Updates! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

(10-24-15) Updates!

Discussion in 'News & Information' started by Shiro, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.56
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Wow, it seems like almost every other day we're updating the site. Cool, huh? Here's another small update:
    • Up to nine (9) items will now display on your post bit. The items will now appear smaller here and on your main profile, but will appear full view in your inventory.
    • We have merged "The Wildfire" with "Defending Your Territory" in an effort to reduce clutter on the forums. We have also introduced new thread prefixes to accommodate this change.
    • Several server updates have been performed to make Kinmunity faster and more secure.
    • We have gotten in touch with Hotmail/Outlook/Live/Microsoft yet again about them arbitrarily rejecting our emails and have been again taken off of their reject list. Our IP address and domain name have a good sender score and reputation, yet Microsoft seems to be arbitrarily deciding not to deliver some of our mails. As a result, we recommend our users don't use Hotmail/Live/Outlook.com email addresses and instead change to a different service in case they do this again. This has been the second time.
    • We now have the ability to sell "item packs" in the KinCash shop. You can think of these as trading card packs. While we have no items using this system yet, we have many planned!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Diamond Dogs

Diamond Dogs Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Looking good, Shiro, these are some helpful updates.

I noticed that the items appear smaller in the box earlier, and I think it looks a bit more streamlined. It compliments the space better. Good work!

- JETSTREAM SAM

3. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Thanks for the heads up, Shiro, and thanks for keeping everything up to date!

Regarding email issues, I did also notice some trouble with Gmail. I was technically getting notifications, but they were all being sent to my junk folder. I have no idea why this was happening, as I never personally reported anything as spam. It just suddenly started happening one day. I'm not sure if this is even related or if it may just be a random fluke, but I figured I should still let you know about it.

4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.56
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Please mark these emails as "not spam" and please forward your most recent notification email to shiro@kinmunity.com and I will work with gmail to resolve the problem. Thanks!

5. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I went ahead and forwarded the most recent notification, per your request. I don't seem able to mark the emails as "not spam," as I already used my email client to set Kinmunity emails as "VIP." I'm not sure if that affects anything on Gmail's end or not.