• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

A little help please.

Thonari

Hey all, I am a new member and just started learning about otherkin the other day. Ive always had this deep feeling like I was some way connected to wolves. Even the way I behave can sometimes be like a wolf, especially when it is just me and my dogs alone. It's kind of weird because about 2 years ago when my adult teeth started coming in, I had teeth next to my canines that are pointed. Now, non of my dentists seem to notice this or mention it which is fine because they arent like sharp or anything, but they for sure are pointed. So I have about 11 pointed teeth now, 6 all together on the bottom, and 4 or 5 on the top. Anyways, I kind of need some help because yes, I am wolfkin but I also feel like there is something else but I just dont know what. Ive always been heavily connected to the woods, and not in a human love kind of way but something much deeper, like it is part of me. I dont know if this is maybe just the wolf in me but if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
First, its important to note your kin identity doesn't cause anything physical though you can have physical traits that align!
Now do not take my word for this because only you know what you are deep down, but perhaps some kind of forest spirit or creature? There's lots to go on from something so broad and magnificent as the forest. Is there any part of the forest in particular that you feel connected with?

Thonari

First, its important to note your kin identity doesn't cause anything physical though you can have physical traits that align!
Now do not take my word for this because only you know what you are deep down, but perhaps some kind of forest spirit or creature? There's lots to go on from something so broad and magnificent as the forest. Is there any part of the forest in particular that you feel connected with?
Hmmmm, thats a good question but honestly I dont think so. Its just like being in the forest gives me kind of a sense of calmness and a lot of confidence and it will usually be something I dont realize until im out of it. Then im like wow, what just happened lol. Hey, thanks for responding by the way I wasnt sure if anyone would 😅

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Hmmmm, thats a good question but honestly I dont think so. Its just like being in the forest gives me kind of a sense of calmness and a lot of confidence and it will usually be something I dont realize until im out of it. Then im like wow, what just happened lol. Hey, thanks for responding by the way I wasnt sure if anyone would 😅
Ah, I see! Well thats still a good place to start... do you get any particular shifts when you're out there? :3
No problem!

Thonari

Ah, I see! Well thats still a good place to start... do you get any particular shifts when you're out there? :3
No problem!
Well, if I understand the shifting stuff correctly I would say just the mental shift. This also happens when Im around my dogs, but I usually have to try to fight it off though because I get a lot of negative stuff from my family, they say that Im acting weird and that Im embarrassing them and such. So I kind of have to keep it to myself because my dad wants me to fit his expectations. Thats why Im also glad I found this website so that I no longer have to be so quiet. One thing though is that I also get a lardge serge of maybe like energy? I dont know how to describe it but when I also go into the woods I will feel myself being a lot more aware and energetic, which is way different than my normal couch potato self. And its not a bad thing though, just something I maybe need to add.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Well, if I understand the shifting stuff correctly I would say just the mental shift. This also happens when Im around my dogs, but I usually have to try to fight it off though because I get a lot of negative stuff from my family, they say that Im acting weird and that Im embarrassing them and such. So I kind of have to keep it to myself because my dad wants me to fit his expectations. Thats why Im also glad I found this website so that I no longer have to be so quiet. One thing though is that I also get a lardge serge of maybe like energy? I dont know how to describe it but when I also go into the woods I will feel myself being a lot more aware and energetic, which is way different than my normal couch potato self. And its not a bad thing though, just something I maybe need to add.
ah, I see! Hm, well, that is interesting. Perhaps theres something in our shift guide that can help you narrow it down? Though it certainly seems to be a mental shift!

Thonari

ah, I see! Hm, well, that is interesting. Perhaps theres something in our shift guide that can help you narrow it down? Though it certainly seems to be a mental shift!
Ok, so from that article (which is actually pretty great) id say one, there is mental shifts. And two, probably some sensory shifts, which for me in the woods would be eyesight and hearing. Those two things become noticeably different for me. Its like if you had a sink drain plugged up, and then you emptied it out. Thats what it kinda is like, sorry that example is the best I could think of right now, im tired lol. Those two senses just become a lot clearer to me is basically what im saying.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Ok, so from that article (which is actually pretty great) id say one, there is mental shifts. And two, probably some sensory shifts, which for me in the woods would be eyesight and hearing. Those two things become noticeably different for me. Its like if you had a sink drain plugged up, and then you emptied it out. Thats what it kinda is like, sorry that example is the best I could think of right now, im tired lol. Those two senses just become a lot clearer to me is basically what im saying.
Ah, right! Im tired as well and lowkey momentarily forgot about sensory shifts! I understand. :3