A non-kin's confusion | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

A non-kin's confusion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Abby, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Abby

Abby Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Hey! This is my first post since my introduction and I have something I want to share. As someone new to the community, I often come across words I do not understand. So I started making a sort of dictionary of terms that seem to come up a lot in relation to kin. I was hoping you all might check out my list, maybe clear up any misconceptions I may have, let me know if I have said anything offensive (I promise I did NOT mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to learn), or if there is anything else that I should include/take away. I would really appreciate your feedback and, more importantly, criticism. The list is here as a PDF attachment. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Silas

Silas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.69
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Looks good to me! Keep adding to it, and then I think you should have @Shiro post it to the Helpful Tips thread (though that might not be the right place. Not sure). I just think it would be really helpful for newcomers to have a reference guide for terms.

3. Abby

Abby Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Thanks! I'll keep working on it and see about talking to Shiro. I appreciate your feedback :)

4. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Poylmorph is kinda right... would you like for me to provide a better definition?

If you want to see more terms, I've got a website page you can PM me about. You can use it as reference, or perhaps to learn some new ones; I've got around 80, or something. Either way, I love your terms. Quite brilliant of a new person to the community to think of.

5. Kaijara

Kaijara Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    As a new person here to, this is extremely useful. Thanks!

6. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.31
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Hello @Abby ,

Thank you for posting this. I would like permission to add it to our library section if you would be interested. If you would like, we could put a call for terms out in a thread, add what is relevant, and then when it's 'complete enough', we can post it as a library article. Let me know if this works for you!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    The multiple definition needs a little tweeking. A person can have multiple kintype and not be a multiple.

Polymorph is close, like Magic said. Which is pretty awesome since most people haven't a clue what a polymorph is!

~Jessie

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    All I can say is, terms can mean different things in different places. Keep an ear out if something doesn't quite sound right.

9. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I'd like to add, that while not all furries are Otherkin, some are. Some do portray their kintype as their fursona, although as to why - I don't have the answer for that. Some furries identify as Otherkin, but the two kinds are kept separate from each other. I'm not a Therian, so I can only speak for myself and of what I have seen other furries post. Although I will admit, the furry community is starting to bore me, and is slowly starting to disgust me in the artwork that is allowed, but then that's my own opinion

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    On that topic, I can say that I've seen both, and I understand why someone in one community would be drawn to the other. I'll happily share personal experiences on this. I'm not at all part of the furry community, but I do tend to wear ears and tails when I go to conventions. I even worked them into a cosplay of an original Star Wars character called Darth Fluffy :D Even though the ears and tail are very far from being what a centaur would have, it's at least closer, and I like that.

11. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    "Darth Fluffy", sounds pretty interesting. There are some amazing artists in the community though, so I tend to stick around for their talents