Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

A place for new articles (etc.) on main page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
I happened to accidentally stumble upon the articles area and noticed, since July, three more have been posted that made for good bed time reading.

If more work is put in to them (I had a 20+ entry kin etymology article on the back burner similar to @Naia's) should articles deserve a featured area somewhere on the main page?

Proposals I pull off the top of my head:
  • if on the side bar, to condense existing information (i.e. combining 'staff online' and 'members online' blocks, condense donation drive such as the timer or description, combine donor headings etc.) to make room
  • if as a new forum section, where @KinBot could perhaps make a new thread for each article posted with a link to it:
    • ideally as an open thread for each article to discuss/collaborate to produce higher quality content for guests (general comments can be left on the public/real article page as it is now)
Semi-related topic, a list of recent blogs, media or social groups since that has been revamped I reckon might garner more than a few dozen views a month if they were somewhere upfront.

I know the front forum list is not the 'only' focus and I might just be special or lazy to find new things, though it and 'new forum posts' is where I tend to spend a 95% of my time.

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Feminine
Hello,

I've added a right-sidebar option for new articles. It'll only show to logged in users, of course. I don't want to promote social groups or blogs on the front page, as they are more personal and per-user than they are a full-on contribution to the site itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.