A question to the Otherkin community | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

A question to the Otherkin community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elfypooh, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elfypooh

elfypooh Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Conceptkin
    Hi there,
    I've recently become aware of the Otherkin community and mindset, and I have a question for any Otherkin that would like to comment. I hope you don't mind but I'm not an Otherkin myself, at least I don't think I am :D. I've noticed that people are friendly and civil on this forum.

My question, and anything you'd like to add, is how sure are you? Are you perhaps agnostic on the matter, perhaps unsure or are you totally certain you were an animal, fantastic creature, etc, in your past life? (btw I'm not using the poll because I'd prefer a qualitative reply)

Oh, and perhaps you could say why?

2. Silver Winter

Silver Winter Burned in Ice, Rises from the Ashes
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ173.81
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    For me, I am always in the unsure. I've always believed in the provable and what can be seen or touched. It was for this reason that I stepped away from my religion. I simply don't see the point in worshipping something that we don't know is even there. Awakening as otherkin, however, was strange because I wasn't sure if I was making it up or not. I have a pretty wild imagination and being otherkin is definitely something that could be made up through imagination. To this day, I am worried that this whole thing is just something my mind is doing to step me away from my human soul that I hate so much. However, my entire spirit and soul believes that this is real, like one would believe in a god or deity. Even if it can't be proved that I lived the life of a dragon and a Phoenix in the past, I will believe that I did.

• Like Like x 3
  3. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ528.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    How sure I am otherkin? I'm not sure if the question on if I identify as nonhuman is even a sure/not sure/no question for me. I've always felt this way since I was a kid and that was some 20 years ago, my whole life has been this feeling which makes it something basically beyond a question. Its there and it exists. Its too much of a grounded reality and fact of life for me to legitimately question beyond philosophical ponderings. Sure I've tried to doubt it, tried to ignore it, tried to snuff it out, but that never has changed a thing. There are many things I've been unsure about myself - am I crazy for being this way, is this something I can live with and still function, etc - but my very identity has been basically impossible for me to deny or doubt to any real depth. I've tried but its just to real and present for me to really do it with any amount of honesty.

Being sure or not the labels like otherkin fits or not, that has been a question I've thought over off and on, yes. I've doubted and been unsure about that off and on over that going on 10 years to some depth or another, but that is the nature of it being a term for something and being subject to micro-changes in its meaning and context due to community changes. So on a occasion I have wondered and been unsure if the term otherkin (or any other term that I've ponder over) fits with the fact I identify as a nonhuman animal.

- Miushra (female, cheetah-like feline)

4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Hello @elfypooh,

Unfortunately, it appears you have falsified profile data when registering on the site. While we welcome academic researchers and those with curious minds to participate in the site, they are required to follow the Terms and Rules just as everybody else is. Your account will be suspended until I receive notice that you are willing to comply with our rules. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.