Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

A site update? Oh my!

The first way to start off this update is to announce that we've got some new forums. We don't normally add forums which are suggested to us as we have plenty of discussion forums on the site, and for most things, it is easier to just have users create their own areas using our social groups system. However, due to repeated requests for them, we've added several this update.

New forum, new me!
  • New Section - The Burrows
    • New Forum - Mental Health (thanks @Ravenna Freyasdottir)
    • New Forum - Venting (loosely inspired by @GuardianDevil)
    • New Forum - LGBTQIA+ Safe Space (awoo, you can thank me!)
    • New Forum - Alternative Lifestyles ('cos so many of us are alt in some way!)

As you may have noticed, a lot of these forums center around discussion topics that may be sensitive for some. It would be a real shame if this was abused by trolls and those just registering to make fun of or harass our users. But, fear not! I have a solution for this as well!

Introducing.... Auto-Confirmation!
This concept is borrowed from Wikipedia. The idea is that users who meet a certain set of automated criteria, usually revolving around contributions, they will be entrusted with slightly higher access. This is different from email confirmation, which is needed to confirm your registration. To access "The Burrows", and to enable a higher post edit time-limit, you'll need to be auto-confirmed, which will happen when the following is true:
  • You have a Kinmunity account that is in good-standing (not restricted)
  • You have zero active warning points (expired warnings don't count!)
  • You've been registered for at least thirty days.
  • You have made at least 10 posts.
  • You have at least 20 trophy points. (read more)
  • You have a reputation (reaction score) of 10 or higher. (read more)

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
Thank you Naia! I think the auto-confirmation to access the borrows is a very good idea, in order to share what is deep within to those who might best know them and be a little more confidential..

Thought: Could the member who posts there be given the means to easily have the post hidden or removed for future privacy?

Last edited:

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Feminine
Thought: Could the member who posts there be given the means to easily have the post hidden or removed for future privacy?
A very good question indeed, and not something that I had originally thought of. Effective immediately, users have FULL EDIT RIGHTS with NO EDIT TIME LIMIT on any posts or thread within the Mental Health or LGBT forums. For this reason (to avoid negative bones becoming an issue), bones will not be earned when using this area.