Adventure through the Scottish Isles! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Adventure through the Scottish Isles!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Antares, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Antares

Antares Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ29.65
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Hi everyone! I recently went on a trip to some of the Scottish Isles and I would like to share a few pictures with you all :)
    Mostly because I think some of you may find them interesting... some of the places I visited had such a strong presence to them... I am not claiming to be psychic or anything! But they definitely were more than something pretty to look at.

Anyway, I'll let you all judge by yourselves :) here are some photos:
    *Uh... I apologize for the size of the images, but I really don't know how to re-size them!

[​IMG]
    Clava Cairn just outside of Inverness.
    A group of stone tombs from the bronze age, very little is known about them but they found human remains in the center of each cairn.

[​IMG]
    The Calanais Standing Stones, on the Isle of Lewis (Outer Hebrides), tourists included for size comparison.
    They're about 5000 years old (much older than Stonehenge) and no one really knows what they were for. They could be an astrological observatory, a religious center or a calendar.

The photo doesn't do it justice... The place was huge, and it was the place that had the strongest presence of any place I visited during my trip. I would love to see them at night against a dark, starry sky!

[​IMG]
    Moorland landscape with blooming heather and the Dun Carloway broch in the distance.
    A broch is a tower-like structure from the bronze age that could have been either a defensive base, a house, or both.

[​IMG]
    The Butt of Lewis.
    Yes, that's its real name lol! Its the most remote point on the Isle of Lewis.
    We saw some basking sharks in the distance, too, I got some photos of them but you can only see their fins, so they're not really worth showing.

[​IMG]
    View of Luskentyre Beack on the Isle of Harris.
    The water looks beautiful but it was cold enough to chill a drink if you left it in there long enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Path trough the moorland towards the Fairy Pools, on the Isle of Skye.
    A pretty intense walk through a moorland glen (a.k.a valley) following a brook with crystal clear blue-ish water. The pools themselves look so transparent and blue that they look almost artificial! (they are not), but there was a ton of people playing around in the water so I couldn't get a proper photo of them :rolleyes: Also midges, midges everywhere!

[​IMG]
    Loch Ness, as seen from the front of a boat.
    The water looks almost pitch black! This is due to the peat dissolved on it, the Loch itself is about 227m at its deepest, and it is about 36km long, bur only 3km wide. No Nessie this time, but I did see a lovely cup of coffee with a shot of Baileys ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glencoe a.k.a The Weeping Glen.
    Another place that gave me really strong feelings, it was almost overwhelming.
    It was like something was hiding on the fog, looking at us all... beautiful place, though! Very eerie and mysterious!

And... once again, I apologize for the length of this post, I really don't know how to re-size the images.
    I only included images of places that I though most of us would be interested in, but I took over a hundred photos including some of the more "human" places like castles, cathedrals and monuments, so if any of you would like to see some of those please let me know :)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Wow! I would love to see the castles and buildings you might have pictures of, very beautiful pictures! :D

3. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ82.06
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Ah, Scotland is a beautiful place! I visit there very often, living on the borders and all.
    I'd certainly love to see more of your photos, the castles there are amazing! Have you visited Stirling Castle? That's my favourite one. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Antares

Antares Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ29.65
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Oh man! You're so lucky! No, I haven't been to Stirling Castle yet, but I definitely want to do so soon :D
    I've been to the Edinburgh Castle, Eilean Donan and Urquhart so far, and I really want to go back to Skye!

[​IMG]
    Headstones at the Dunkeld Cathedral, sorry... I don't have a better photo of it, time and camera battery were limited.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More details of the Dun Carloway broch. There is nothing holding those stones together, by the way... no mortar or cement or anything!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    St. Clement's Church on the Isle of Harris.
    [​IMG]
    Stone clan carvings on the inside of St. Clements Church.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Eilean Doann Castle! Most of it was destroyed in the 1700's but it was reconstructed in the early 1990's, apparently after one of the MacRae's descendants dreamed about the castle in its days of glory... The original blueprints were later found and the guy's vision was about 80% accurate!

[​IMG]
    Urquhart Castle on the banks of Loch Ness!
    We did go in but sadly, my batteries died so I couldn't take any photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    William Wallace monument!
    Ugh... the photos don't do it justice at all! I was short on batteries (and patience) and our tour guide kept pressuring us to get out of there in less than an hour :mad:

5. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    You'r so lucky to have been there for real! I wonder how long it took to actually build these castles and how many people! o_O
    Very stunning constructions!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ927.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    Lovely photos! I was in Scotland at the end of August, it's such a beautiful place. I love the remoteness and wildness of the highlands. So jealous you got to see basking sharks! We saw the bottlenose dolphins in the Moray Firth though so can't complain. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Super gorgeous place, and pictures. I'm extremely jealous. :)

8. Hibiscus

Hibiscus Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Wow the light there looks amazing, with the foliage and soil coloration it's an eerie and unreal combination.
    Truly a potent place.

• Like Like x 2