Advice?

UserVisual

Jun 29, 2020
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Masculine
I'm Questioning if I could be a kin and was wondering if anyone had advice or could help me figure out what I might kin and what type I am?

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
Nov 8, 2018
Bones
🦴7.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
My advice is generally to just take your time, research, look at others experiences and your own. It's a shame our library and blogs seems to have been lost in the site move, but there are still a lot of posts to look through and you're always welcome to ask questions if you have any.
It can be helpful to keep a diary of experiences you feel may relate to being 'kin. It's good to have a record to look back on later and may help point you in one direction or another.

What sort of things have led you to question being otherkin?

Reactions: 1 user

UserVisual

Jun 29, 2020
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Masculine
My advice is generally to just take your time, research, look at others experiences and your own. It's a shame our library and blogs seems to have been lost in the site move, but there are still a lot of posts to look through and you're always welcome to ask questions if you have any.
It can be helpful to keep a diary of experiences you feel may relate to being 'kin. It's good to have a record to look back on later and may help point you in one direction or another.

What sort of things have led you to question being otherkin?
I was talking about some experiences I've had and someone pointed me in this direction. My brain has been constantly telling me I have a tail for about three years now, the tail has been more of a phantom limb than something imaginary and there's the occasional but rare feeling of wings too, thats been happening for a while longer than three years. I have the constant urge to make noises that aren't human. I feel more like an animal or creature than I do human.

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
Nov 8, 2018
Bones
🦴7.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Well those certainly sound like pretty common therian/'kin experiences. Although figuring out what they may relate to is the hard part. :p

As I said keeping a record of things can be helpful. You could also try looking into creatures who may share some of those traits, I'm sure that would cover a lot of things but you may find something which pushes you in a certain direction and helps narrow things down. Some people find meditation helpful as well.
You may also just find that over time new shifts happen or things become clearer and you gain a better understanding of things.
It can take time but there's no rush, we have a lifetime to figure ourselves out. :3

Reactions: 1 user

UserVisual

Jun 29, 2020
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Masculine
Well those certainly sound like pretty common therian/'kin experiences. Although figuring out what they may relate to is the hard part. :p

As I said keeping a record of things can be helpful. You could also try looking into creatures who may share some of those traits, I'm sure that would cover a lot of things but you may find something which pushes you in a certain direction and helps narrow things down. Some people find meditation helpful as well.
You may also just find that over time new shifts happen or things become clearer and you gain a better understanding of things.
It can take time but there's no rush, we have a lifetime to figure ourselves out. :3
Thank you! This actually helps a ton!