Alien Megastructures in Scientific News (link to article) | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Alien Megastructures in Scientific News (link to article)

Discussion in 'Science, Math, & Technology' started by dextro, Oct 18, 2015.

1. dextro

dextro Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Found an interesting article while browsing a science blog, detailing a star with a strange pattern of dimming only found in young stars.
    I'm curious, though. I think it could be possible, but it raises a few questions. Would we really find an alien species that built structures around a star before we found any evidence on life itself on planets? Should we give more focus on possible objects like this to signify alien life instead of focusing squarely on what life COULD need in space? (Such as looking for water when it's possible that aliens could not even need it to begin with.) I dunno. Opinions?

SOURCE: How Long Would it take to get to the Star with "Alien Megastructures"?

2. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I read about that Friday on the site Unsolved Mysteries, I'd love to know what it is that orbits the star, and if I remember right the star was supposed to be unusual too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dextro

dextro Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Yeah, I found that blog too, but I usually just got on Q2Q for this kinda stuff. It's crazy how mysterious it is and all we can do is speculate... Whatever's out there has me hopeful and kinda anxious.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    The video attached had said the only reason they knew something was there is the dimming of the star, like how we find planets orbiting stars, but the period of dimming of this one is very odd as it follows no pattern and the dimming can last from five to eighty days.