Rejected - All post rating options available | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejected All post rating options available

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by humminghawk, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humminghawk

humminghawk Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ198.26
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Hello,

I discovered yesterday, though I'd previously supposed it was the case, that certain post ratings are available for use only by users of a certain level or status. This is a little disappointing to me, especially concerning the "Love" option. Why is it the case that not everyone has the option to "Love" a post? Would you consider opening up all rating options to all users?

2. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I think part of the reason for this is to give folks a reason to purchase memberships. The site does cost money to maintain, and I doubt Shiro has enough to just pay for it all out of his own pocket. It makes sense, honestly. (The only reason I haven't purchased a membership with actual money is because I'm very protective of my personal information. Otherwise, I certainly would.)

Another reason may be to make sure that the higher ratings are in the hands of those who are less likely to misuse them. At least one rating is staff-only, and it is the highest rating there is. I haven't even seen anyone with it yet. So, by keeping these ratings exclusive to those who are more serious about the community, it makes sure that they remain special and are less likely to be abused for quick earning of bones.

3. humminghawk

humminghawk Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ198.26
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Both of those points make sense. Thanks for the reply.

4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    As other members have explained, some rating options are restricted. The "High Quality" and "Low Quality" ratings in particular are restricted to staff members, elders, and Gold VIPs. The reason for this is because members who have achieved those statuses have made considerable contributions to Kinmunity, and are therefore more qualified to judge using those ratings. The ratings also grant more bones to the users who receive them. The "Love" rating is restricted to VIPs as a benefit for their contribution to the site. You can read more about the Post Rating system here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.