Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Am I fictkin?

Terelia

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Feminine
Hello,

My pseudonym is Arvax, and I am starting to wonder if I am fictkin.

I recently joined the online fandom of the MLP fandom on a gut feeling. It was a favorite of mine growing up, but usually I would not want to watch it on a regular basis , but I've been called back to it and oddly fixated with the changeling creatures in it. There was just something that clicked.

I had heard about otherkin and thought it was a bit loony but i'm starting to have doubts about that. I have this goose bumps slight pressure feeling when I see large swarms of insects I've had times when I thought instinctively my eye color was green when it's actually brown, I've had private irrational fears about going to hell when I really haven't done anything in this life (I do believe in reincarnation) that would warrant it, but one of the singled out changeling (think a mix of a dnd doppleganger and a succubi but insectoid, not a fae replacement for a kidnapped child,) characters in the canon had done enough to go to the 10th layer of heck, and that's saying something considering there are only 9 layers of hell. I usually wouldn't consider I might be a reincarnated mlp character, but look at the eyes on the character. I also rewatched a few clips from her episodes and felt a faint echo of the gut feeling I get when I feel guilty.

Chrysalis 01 | My little pony pictures, My little pony, Queen chrysalis

Would anyone be willing to help me see if my guess is accurate, try to poke holes in my logic to settle the following question;

Am I right about this, or have I read too many fantasy novels, (- cthulhu mythos, my mom won't let me read hp lovecraft,) books on the paranormal, and folklore on monsters?

Polyphonic Minds

Otherhearted
Plural
Fictionkin
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Your experiences sound very much like it!

However, I cannot tell you if you are fictionkin or are not. That is your own journey. Journaling has really helped me figure out my fictotype (2D from gorillaz). It is what I recommend frequently for these questions because it helps you to log your thoughts and put information together into something more comprehensive. It helped me figure myself out. Do lots of research on your kintype if possible, and rule out other explanations for your feelings. If you believe in spirit guides you can ask for signs from them.

You could be Queen Chrysalis (I hope I spelled that right), but it is possible to be an ordinary changeling (which is also cool!).

Keep an open mind and try not to judge yourself for any of this. Your experience will be a lot easier.

Terelia

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Feminine
Your experiences sound very much like it!

However, I cannot tell you if you are fictionkin or are not. That is your own journey. Journaling has really helped me figure out my fictotype (2D from gorillaz). It is what I recommend frequently for these questions because it helps you to log your thoughts and put information together into something more comprehensive. It helped me figure myself out. Do lots of research on your kintype if possible, and rule out other explanations for your feelings. If you believe in spirit guides you can ask for signs from them.

You could be Queen Chrysalis (I hope I spelled that right), but it is possible to be an ordinary changeling (which is also cool!).

Keep an open mind and try not to judge yourself for any of this. Your experience will be a lot easier.
I've thought of it both ways and done a few oracle card readings from my namesake archangel (the one of healing if you want to be specific) and I got a message about trusting my intuition (which is what brought me here in the first place) and forgiving myself for any actions I may have taken in a prior incarnation (I got the same messages each time i did it so they feel more reliable.) I also recently started keeping a dream journal and so far out of the ones i have recorded baba yaga has shown up 3 times (accepting the sorceror that wanted to grind me into mustard as baba yaga in addition to the 1 time her hut showed up, and when someone sat down and started to tell me a story about her in a dream), out of the one lifetime dream with any character from the canon, when it was a first person view point, they seemed to have their jaws drop at the sight of me, and they quickly made themselves scarce from my mindscape.

Aleksy

Pronouns
Masculine
Hello Arvax. You see I'm new there (kinda, the account was made long ago with one post) but I was kinda watching the otherkin community for some time so I have some questions and it seems you're not getting much attention there.

1. You said that you were questioning your gender- do you feel more non-binary or female? That would steer you towards being a changeling drone or maybe Chrysalis.

2. You have said that you have a "goose bumps slight pressure feeling" when you see swarms of insects. That is kinda vague description. Does it feel good or bad? Individuals who are assigned human generally have various instincts instilled in us and feeling uneasy while seeing insects is one of them. Most people feel something when they see swarms of insects, especially in real life. Do you feel like you would like to follow the insects? Which insects are you feeling closest to? Who know you might be bee therian.

3. Have you heard about scrupuli/scrupulosity?
It is not that uncommon that people have irrational feelings of guilt, sometimes these are connected to some sort of supernatural beliefs. You might not be a person with severe scrupulosity but I think that there might be help groups somewhere in the wide Internets.

4. Do you have any thoughts on Changeling reformation? If you identify as Chrysalis then there's no canon reformation but if you were a drone then it seems that there's not that much reason to feel guilt.

5. Do you think that there is some special significance to the name "Arvax"? Like have you heard it in a dream or maybe you just made it yourself and it fits? You see it does indeed sound Changelng-ish but you see Changeling names always have a meaning in latin
Chrysalis-Cocoon
Thorax-Torso (also a middle part of the insect)
Phalanx- greek military formation
Ocellus- it's a name for light-sensitive organ which many insects have on the sides of their bodies
On the other hand Arvax... doesn't mean anything? Also when I tried to find out if your nickname has any meaning in latin... well just look at google results https://www.google.com/search?clien...hUKEwjz1v36mL3uAhVP4aQKHT0BAm4Q4dUDCAw&uact=5
Just don't click on them since you seem to be minor.

Terelia

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Feminine
Hello Arvax. You see I'm new there (kinda, the account was made long ago with one post) but I was kinda watching the otherkin community for some time so I have some questions and it seems you're not getting much attention there.

1. You said that you were questioning your gender- do you feel more non-binary or female? That would steer you towards being a changeling drone or maybe Chrysalis.

2. You have said that you have a "goose bumps slight pressure feeling" when you see swarms of insects. That is kinda vague description. Does it feel good or bad? Individuals who are assigned human generally have various instincts instilled in us and feeling uneasy while seeing insects is one of them. Most people feel something when they see swarms of insects, especially in real life. Do you feel like you would like to follow the insects? Which insects are you feeling closest to? Who know you might be bee therian.

3. Have you heard about scrupuli/scrupulosity?
It is not that uncommon that people have irrational feelings of guilt, sometimes these are connected to some sort of supernatural beliefs. You might not be a person with severe scrupulosity but I think that there might be help groups somewhere in the wide Internets.

4. Do you have any thoughts on Changeling reformation? If you identify as Chrysalis then there's no canon reformation but if you were a drone then it seems that there's not that much reason to feel guilt.

5. Do you think that there is some special significance to the name "Arvax"? Like have you heard it in a dream or maybe you just made it yourself and it fits? You see it does indeed sound Changelng-ish but you see Changeling names always have a meaning in latin
Chrysalis-Cocoon
Thorax-Torso (also a middle part of the insect)
Phalanx- greek military formation
Ocellus- it's a name for light-sensitive organ which many insects have on the sides of their bodies
On the other hand Arvax... doesn't mean anything? Also when I tried to find out if your nickname has any meaning in latin... well just look at google results https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk03uFj-QEI5eMrmmUUmD3oV721O2Cw:1611787667476&ei=k-0RYLPBHM_CkwW9gojwBg&q=Arvax+latin&oq=Arvax+latin&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECCMQJzoHCCMQsAMQJzoLCAAQsAMQBxAKEB46CQgAELADEAcQHjoNCAAQxwEQrwEQsAMQCjoHCAAQsAMQCjoECAAQDToKCAAQxwEQrwEQDToHCAAQsQMQDVD4gAJY4ogCYLiLAmgBcAB4AIABeYgBhwWSAQMyLjSYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6yAEKwAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjz1v36mL3uAhVP4aQKHT0BAm4Q4dUDCAw&uact=5
Just don't click on them since you seem to be minor.
I had NOT heard of scrupulosity. and I only have had thoughts of that type a few times, but they were unusually strong.

The name Arvax popped into my head with no prompting after a few moments of thought when I was making a fandom profile I've used it ever since. It also turns out It is the name of a greater daemon king of Khorne from wh40k. I'm a pretty chill person so that does NOT fit, and I play Orks. I don't have fantasies of slaughtering people for one thing, and my preferred world conquering scheme involves a large amount of minions who will fight and die instead of me unless strictly necessary (when I start to think up unusually detailed world conquering schemes one part of my mind wonders where all of that sprang from). The gender questioning leans toward female by the way.
Never have been able to explain why I lean to that, it just is a feeling that keeps coming back to me.

My thought on changeling reformation is that when I saw the episode where Chrysalis denied her redemption (also while I was questioning, still am) is that that was an idiot move that I(assuming for the time) would personally redo in a heartbeat, though I have a disdain for the design of the reformed changelings, but I like the reformation part.

Also, I have had an obssession with shapechangers I really can't say how it started.

And I have not always had the gender dysphoria or the feeling with insects. in fact, the insect feeling (no tie to any feeling I can think of, they don't disgust me in most cases) popped up around a time when they say past life memories fade (5-8) though I do remember a all consuming darkness and whooshing sound as my first memory and guess what? It matches remembrances of of the transition between lives (read it in a book on shamanism) On that topic, I already know from my brothers past life regression treatment from my mom (I can tell you some mystical true stories concerning her and some she told me about a holy man she knew well that you would scarcely believe) that he identified me as having served the roman empire, so I know my soul has been about, I just didn't consider other dimensions and so.

On the gender dysphoria, It came up more recently and is stronger than most of the urges I have ever experienced (other than deciding to learn dnd that is called love at first sight).

Also, recently during the past few days, a weird thing happened, looking in a mirror, I get flashes of an image of queen chrysalis interposed in my vision in a way that I have not seen in the canon, meeting my eyes with solemn look, especially when I make an oath to myself.
https://www.kinmunity.com/posts/24671/mark-solution

Aleksy

Pronouns
Masculine
The link is not working (for me at least, maybe it's something about account settings), however given your depiction Queen Chrysalis really do seem do be far more probable than a changeling drone.