American Horror Story | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by AshenFall, Sep 13, 2016.

?

What's your favourite season so far?

1. Murder House

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Asylum

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Coven

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Freakshow

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Hotel

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Was just wondering if anyone else here is a fan of American Horror Story? I have to admit, it is one of my favourite shows and, although I admit the seasons have had their fair share of ups and downs, highs and lows, I'm as hyped as ever for Season 6 tomorrow. Unable to contain my excitement!

I absolutely love how secretive they've been about this season, and how of all the teaser's we've been shown so far only one of them is "real" and hinting to the plot. I've been tearing my hair out all week trying to figure out what could possibly be the real trailer, and what the overall theme of this year's is going to be. But to no avail. We've already had 5 very common horror themes, so if it's going by the past standards, it's going to be based around another horror trope we know and love.

Personally I'm getting cult vibes for some reason I can't really explain.

What does everyone else think of this? If there are any other AHS fans on here, do you have any clues or theories as to what tomorrow has in store for us?

And on a more general note, what has been your personal favourite season so far and why?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alyssa

Alyssa Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ56.32
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Murder house was my absolute favorite because I really enjoy haunted houses and the backstory of people and this had tons

3. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    Ah yeah, Murder House was great, my second favourite! As for me, my personal favourite was Asylum. Partially because of how packed full of twists and turns it was, and the suspense that really had me on the edge of my seat. It was not knowing what was going to happen next, and old corrupt asylums are something that have always given me the creeps.

4. Alyssa

Alyssa Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ56.32
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Definitely agree on the twists and turns especially Dr. Threadsons

5. Khar

Khar Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ428.86
    Shark
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Mood:
    :winkytongue:
    I liked Hotel. I felt like it had a different "personality" as a season than most of the others, which felt a lot like other horror movies and shows out there. Hotel felt new. I liked discovering the backstories of all the hotel residents as well as the serial killer and vampire elements. It had a lot going on, but the pieces fit together better than in previous seasons.

6. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    I rather like AHS, though I've concluded that every other season is lame. I liked Murder House, Coven, and Hotel. Asylum and Freakshow were meh. I have high hopes for this season and the breaking of the cycle.

7. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ687.54
    CrowBlack Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Asylum and Hotel were my favourites and AHS is one of my favourite shows in general. I'm pretty hyped about seeing it and I loved how they have kept us in the dark with all the teasers.
    They do give off a Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Children of the Corn vibe, so I wonder if we're going backwoods town with alien hybrid children or something (that sounds more like X-Files territory though, to be honest XP). Either way, I'm looking forward to what's going to happen and how it might tie in with the previous seasons.

8. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.62
    Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I've never really seen AHS, but I just watched the premier, and was hoping people would gravitate here to talk about it. [insert cuss words here], that was terrifying. I mean I love it, I want to know why the earth was BREATHING, but oh my gods.
    Good horror tastefully uses only the right amount of blood to freak you out. Ten out of ten, they waited 'til the end.
     Teresa  

9. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    I for one absolutely loved the season premiere. It was beyond what I expected, really had me tensed up throughout most of the episode. Haunted old farmhouse, literal "freak weather", things that go "screech" in the night, living earth and ghosts(?) galore. And Roanoke!!

I'm really interested to see how they're going to incorporate the Roanoke Colony disappearance into this, what take they're going to have because that's a tale that's always intrigued me to no end. And I have to admit I'm also pleasantly surprised at the way they're going about narrating this season, in a true crime/ghost documentary-like fashion. A new take, and definitely by the looks of it, a very dark season indeed.

10. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I watched maybe 5 episodes of season one and it was pretty good. Sadly, I can't keep watching it, I started to shift the chaotic energy (only way I can describe it) and that wasn't fun at all. Still grumpy I can't watch it, haha.

11. apex

apex Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ146.61
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    This is one of my all time favorite shows. I thought my favorite season was Freakshow for sure but after I finished Hotel and some feels cropped up that made me question the possibility of a kin connection to one of the characters, I can't say which I love more.

I haven't seen the latest ep of Roanoke but I've been following the season and.. forgive me for saying.. that this is probably my least favorite. I thought it was GREAT up until they just started killing everyone slasher style. That didn't feel like Ryan Murphy to me at all. I haven't lost hope though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    Ah, Freak Show was great, I know a lot of people didn't like it but I was hooked! Perhaps because of my fictionkin identity and the mix of feelings it stirs up, as much as I absolutely adored the season though, I tend to avoid rewatching it. I think I stated above, but Asylum is my personal favourite.

And as for Roanoke, I am glad you said that! For the most part I've thought this season was amazing and been absolutely hooked...

I loved the gritty, creepy "real" versions of the spirits, a great contrast to the Hollywood-ified portrayals used in Sidney's show. And I love the concept of a reality TV return to the house show. I also am in love with Audrey's comic relief, as cheesy and narcissistic as it is.

And then everyone starts dropping like flies. I won't go into too much detail since you said you haven't seen the latest episode but it's all happening too fast. I feel like there should have been more tension before the spree, and I would have loved to have had more development on some members of the cast.

On that note, when first seeing Agnes and Monet... at first I really thought they were going to go with the "every actor is changing into their character" format, which I feel would have been amazing. Especially if they all gave them a chance to meet their portrayals and/or even be possessed by them. But alas, it didn't happen...

And I want to vocalise: not a big fan of the whole Polk thing. I feel it dragged on way too long.

I also still have hope, but ugh, I feel like there's so much wasted potential. And I still have this awful fear in the back of my mind we get to episode 10 and "surprise" it was another fictional portrayal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. apex

apex Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ146.61
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I was looking over your profile a little bit ago and seeing that fictionkin identity put a smile on my face. Asylum was pretty great, I think that was the first season I remember watching. I don't think I've disliked any of the seasons so far. I want to go back and rewatch them all.

You mentioned wishing there was more development for the cast of Roanoke though! I feel the same way and that's the only thing that bugs me about this season. I love the way Ryan Murphy usually fleshes every character out so well that they feel like real people I've known and have attached to. The wasted potential too asdfgh. I was so hoping there would be an epic showdown between Agnes and the real butcher but their meeting was so anti climatic.

I don't know how to feel about the Polk thing yet though lmao. Not one of Finn Witrock's best roles in my opinion, but I loved the fictional Mama Polk from the retelling. I won't be surprised if there's another twist either though. Please be another twist.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    Yeah, I totally agree with all the seasons being great. Some I have definitely preferred more than others, but there's not a single one I could say I've disliked.

Ah I liked the Polks in the fictional retelling, but I feel like the latest episode just dragged on too long regarding them. I had mixed feelings about the latest episode anyways, heh.

And oh gosh indeed, I was so disappointed when I found out who Finn was playing, especially when RM said it was going to be his most "f***ed up character yet", not even close! Dandy was 100% more messed up, I mean, he was a legit sociopath. (I was secretly hoping he'd play RL Edward Mott this season, now that would have been cool). I feel like Jether is actually one of the most moral of the Polks (which isn't saying much considering, but still) so I can't really understand that comment.

I think there will be another twist if Falcuk's comment is anything to go by: “It’s like [episodes] 1-5, 6-9, and 10 is its own thing.”

Oh and of course:

Lana Winters supposedly making a return.

15. apex

apex Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ146.61
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Dandy was by far his most effed up character! Finn as Edward Mott would have actually made sense, too. This just makes me sad. Like why Ryan Murphy, why? WAS IT EVEN YOU WRITING THIS SEASON?!

*clears throat* Aaanyway..

I need to get myself over to primewire and watch the latest episode so I can comment on Jether because I have no idea who he is outside of being a Polk boy and my gosh that is shameful for a dire hard 'fan' tch. As for the other thing you mentioned that I can't cover with a spoiler cut because I don't know how to insert a spoiler cut, I really hope she comes back.

• Like Like x 1