Animal psychics | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Animal psychics

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Dinocanid, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Anybody here ever heard of them? Basically they communicate with animals using only their minds; like a psychic.
    I've been on the fence about considering myself one for a while now. I have had a few experiences hinting towards it like having a conversation with an injured red eagle at a nature center. Just a few weeks ago I decided to test it again by thinking words directed my dog (like i was talking to him). He would wag his tail once when i "said" something, and do nothing when i didn't. It could be coincidences; but it did seem like he was getting some sort of signal from me.

2. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,802.03
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    If you ask me, they're just people who either read animal body language well or are taking advantage of folks...kind of like human psychics. It's generally a mix of people who are good with cold reading and/or are being so general they'll get a hit. With animals, since we can't ask them to tell us "yes" or "no," it's easier to fudge.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LinRae

LinRae Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ12.82
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    @Dinocanid This is actually something I have done, even on an animal that I had never met before. Though yes I will agree it may be due to sensory cues that the animal picks up, there is still the possibility that it is a psychic phenomena. The true occurrence of the unrelated animal: I was in the vet's office waiting to pick up one of our animals, someone came in with a hyperactive puppy and tried several times to get the pup to sit still without success. I looked at it and mentally told it to sit down and calm down, immediately after he sat, and stayed still.

• Like Like x 4
  4. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ88.42
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I don't really believe in psychics of any form (hoping that doesn't offend anyone), and I just don't think it's possible to telepathically speak to an animal. I mean, there is always the possibility and I keep an open mind until there's any actual proof there is or isn't, but I think it's really more a case of the animal picking up on your body language and interpreting it.
    Especially with dogs, since they've evolved beside humans they're very good at reading us like open books and picking up on our emotions.

But speaking through trying to mimic their body language to animals is a totally different story. I can generally get my point across to felids, no idea if that's partially because of my kintype or just because I studied Animal Behaviour in college.

5. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I'm in the group who doesn't believe in psychics. There's no scientific proof to back up the claims and pretty well every human psychic who's ever been investigated was proven to be a fraud. If you're speaking to animals through 'psychic' communication, have you given any thought to the possibility that it's just a spiritual type thing like communicating with a spirit guide/totem?

You may also consider that the brain is a powerful thing and fully capable of taking us for a fun ride if we allow it to. I can carry on a conversation in my head with this sheet of paper that's sitting infront of me and my brain will assign the paper a voice, a gender, and random stuff for it to talk back to me. I'm not a paper-psychic though. ;)

That's just my take on it. You can take it or leave it. :hibiscus:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I believe in a sort of organic 'internet' that connects every living thing (like how a network of fungus connects every plant in a forest together), and through accidental or partialy controled access of this network is the cause of many psychic phenomenon. Physical cues are also a very valid explaination for telepathy/empathy as the true depth of understand we get from simply watching a person or animal is greatly underestimated, but I am, out right, extremely wary of people that openly claim such abilities because its so easy for people to hoax others.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dinocanid

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I've thought that it could be spiritual, but I've also thought of the possibility that it's not even happening at all. I'm not too pressed on believing it as true, I just take it as a possibility.

8. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I think psychics are a thing, though very rare. I met a lady at a bookstore whom I never met, that was able to see my phantom limbs. She was also telling me how I must be a writer or music composer because I had such "creative energy". And she was right, I do write and I do compose. She was able to see my rare occurrence of phantom wings I was having that day among my others phantom shifts, she even described my wings correctly. "Your body looks...mixed...with something?" she was confused lol. All this without me uttering a word besides asking her to elaborate. She asked me no questions and I gave no information, she just continued on about what she felt and saw. I wrote about this encounter somewhere on kinmunity, but can't remember where. But -shrugs- perhaps I hallucinated that whole encounter and it didn't actually happen huh? :rolleyes:... Or maybe it was all in my body language and she could read it, which-- hell, if she got all that from my body language she might as well be psychic lol that's a damn impressive ability all the same. Anyway I digress. I think it's possible to communicate on some very basic "psychic" level with animals but not much. Since the minds are so different I'm not sure the human or animal would understand what it little their minds might be picking up anyway. lol

#8 Cayto Ikooko Kan, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    If you could control what the dog did when it couldn't see you then I'd be more inclined to consider it. Otherwise you are probably making a funny face or something that gets that reaction from the dog

Also @Cayto Ikooko Kan if you are going to a book store then likely you will be creative. Course could be a bored old lady who says the same thing to everyone, maybe she could have worked it out from what you were buying or wearing haha? Anyway still a cool story no matter what

10. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    I have had several, strange, "psychic" experiences, some with animals, mostly cats. I'm actually allergic to cats, but I can get the meanest cat to come to me, but then that could be just because of my patience. The other experiences I have had without animals are much harder to explain away.

11. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
  12. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    That is honestly silly lol. I'm sorry but the notion of some lady going around saying the same thing to everyone, but yet everything she says just so happens to be very specific to me and my very rare kin type all without me giving any information about myself is really just absurd. I don't feel it's necessary to try that hard to explain away every little odd thing that happens in the world lol . Also I was wearing normal clothes like anyone else, my wardrobe is typically a black t-shirt and jeans. But thanks anyway :laughwolf:

#12 Cayto Ikooko Kan, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  13. PinkTitanium

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    About what? My other psychic experiences?
    I don't want to derail the thread...

14. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Fair enough. I just find psychic ideas to be ridiculous. Unproven in a controlled environment as well. Until science finds a basis for them it is nothing more than old wives tales.

@JodiDoe surely it is relevant to the discussion?

15. PinkTitanium

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    My last experience was the most detailed and best example. I can't control any of the experiences, they just happen.
    The last one happened with someone I've never met in person, and didn't know really any personal information other than what they share online which isn't much.
    I dreamt of them, the same person and their headmate, i dreamt of their mom, and their headmates home and events that led them here, I can't go much further in to it because I don't have their permission yet to share the entire story, and it was kind of personal. If they agree then I will explain more.

16. Dinocanid

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    He may have been reacting to my staring, since I wasn't making any faces or noise.
    And I wasn't controlling my dog. I was talking about psychic in a communication sense, not controlling an animal with my mind since that's something different. (Possession maybe? Idk what it would be called in that case)

On a side note, I kind of believe psychics exist but are not at all common. I'm talking about psychics in terms nonphysical communication rather than mind reading. IE: I believe some people can do it to other people too, but to what extent i don't know.
    It could very well just be in my head as well. I wouldn't say it was a controlled thing since sometimes i get them whether I'm paying attention or not, but again, subconscious imagination at work. Not even with animals, tons of people talk to inanimate objects all the time, that does not mean they can talk back.

#16 Dinocanid, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  17. PinkTitanium

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Ok now that I have permission.

The experience happened with @Grim Dragon
    He and I had talked several times, but mostly about music, never anything personal.
    Then, the night of my birthday I dreamt about him (Grymm) and Jake, not Atreyu though.
    I dreamt of Grymms home, and how he died, I described to him everything I saw, and felt.
    After that, I dreamt of Jake, and his mother, I described her as best I could.
    All of the details I gave were extremely accurate, and I had never been told or read any of this stuff for.
    I had no body language to go off of because I have never seen them in person, and I have seen a total of 3 pictures, the same ones everyone else on here has seen. I didn't even hear his voice until after it happened.
    He can tell you all of this is true.

18. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ52,093.86
    Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I can guarantee what @JodiDoe said is true. She told me things I haven't told anybody, which surprised me greatly

19. PinkTitanium

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Right, so, unless @Grim Dragon is willfully lying and telling me i was correct in all of those things when I wasn't at all, then the only thing left is to believe is some sort of psychic powers, otherwise, how could my brain have come up with any of that?

20. Kakoroff

Kakoroff C-c-carrotcake
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ100.07
    Gold VIP - One Month SubscriptionGolden Blaze PhilterVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    Many social animals are very expressive, especially dogs and cats. Their tails are one of the most important things to that expression. Once you learn to reas their tails and their other body language, you can pretty much tell what kind of mood a cat or dog is in.