• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Animals you love thread!

Nim

I love animals :3

Dogs are the most special to me, I am more interested in dogs and puppies than people and babies.

I have a dog-son, I haven’t lived without dogs since I was 6.

I love many animals. I appreciate the symbolism and ecological purpose of many a creature except, perhaps, bugs. Among my top faves would be wolves, cheetahs, cougars, bears, owls, ravens, cats, dogs, foxes, coyotes, etc. Essentially things that are four-legged and furry or just hunt in a smart or persistent fashion that mirrors my personality in some way.

I love them all but I really love Hyenas, Geckos, Rheas, and Coyotes. I saw some Hyenas and Rheas at the zoo yesterday when I went with my grandma. One of the Rheas looked at me like my pet gecko does and my heart just melted.

I love cats and rats, and some types of birds. They're my favorites. I have three cats and would love to own some rats but I don't have the space right now sadly.

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
leaf sheep
leaf sheep
Oh my goodness how adorable are they! o.o Thank you for introducing me to those wonderful little critters, hehe.

And since I'm posting again have another of my favourite critters. Abronia Graminea (aka the Green Arboreal Alligator Lizard... or as I like to call them; Mini Dragons! ♥ 🐉).

2020-10-02 21.53.11 500px.com fb667e340779.jpg

CrowLove

Tarantulas, scorpions, millipedes, isopods, several invertebrates as I keep them as pets 😸
I adore cats 😻 and crows, wolves, reptiles and raven.
Beside that, horses, gulls, rats, guinneapigs and too many other animals. I love animals.

Aaaaaaa I'm a big fan of pets!! I like dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, frogs.. I like them all!!

I also rlly like dolphins and shoebills! Blame Skyward Sword lolol.

I love animals. Biology, and zoology in particular, are big interests of mine.

I love every species, but I have a soft spot for spiders, snakes, sharks, wolves, owls, orcas, crows, ravens, birds of prey in general (less so), marine life, and more than I really can list. I tend to love the animals that other people hate. I've always liked the "scary" animals. I've always felt like an outcast, so it must be subconscious empathy. I also did look frightening as a ghost. I know this. And that was my previous existence... Also, a lot of the animals I'm attached to have some sort of death symbolism. That's a consistent theme in my life...

I have some sort of spiritual connection to owls. It could be symbolic only, or it could be a kin thing. It's barn owls in particular, but also just owls... It turns out they match up to the feelings I've had about wings all my (how they fly, wing shape, size, ect). That's for a whole other post, though.

There are two great horned owls who nest somewhere near my house. They come back once a year to mate. If I wake up in the night, I can somewhat frequently hear their hoots. It's very relaxing. I love hearing them, I think they're fascinating.

I could go on and on about animals. Researching animals and learning about them is something like a hobby. I maybe I'll end up as a zoologist. I don't know yet....

miles

All of them! It's hard picking just a few..
I do particularly like cats in general (but especially oriental cats and cheetahs), mongooses, rats and mice, squirrels, snakes, sharks, crocodiles, pigeons.. I've felt strongly attached to Earth foxes for the past few days, but that's likely another one of my temporary obsessions before I find something else to fixate on, which happens all the time. All the same, I like them very much as well.
Also, I have a habit where I remember an animal exists and just immediately remember how great they are and how much I love them. Deer come to mind as an example, as well as bearded vultures, thylacines, xoloitzcuintlis, jerboas and fossas. Or.. any marsupial at all. Just name a marsupial, they're all awesome. Opossums are adorable and I can't not mention numbats, quolls and dunnarts 🧡
Also, there's a lot of hate for flies and wasps (especially flies) which I find is undeserved, but I won't go into that.
So uh.. yeah. All of them.