Animorphs? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Animorphs?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, & Art' started by Bucky, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bucky

Bucky Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ62.50
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I was absolutely obsessed with the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate a few years back, and it's still something I think about often. I have like 90% of the books, original and new release as well as the companions, and an entire bookshelf related to Animorphs stuff. I think the series went a lot deeper than the standard children's book level, and the morphing definitely brought up a lot of otherkin feelings with me. (I'm actually questioning Andalite right now.) I highly recommend it. Anyone else a fan?

Oh, and I'm naming my dog Tobias. Whoops!

#1 Bucky, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  2. dreamsofadeerkin

dreamsofadeerkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Shadow Buck
    Bones:
    Ƀ39.05
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :)
    Oh gosh, we loved that series when we were younger! I think it was a few years back myself, too? Anyway, we had a lot of the books and read them multiple times! And we do agree it went a bit deeper than your typical children's book! :)
     Kyle  

3. Hund

Hund Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ1.40
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I've never read the books, but I think I have some of them in my basement somewhere.

I know at one point I played an Animorphs game on the GameBoy Color. It was like Pokemon, except very slightly worse in every conceivable way. I played it for maybe an hour then gave it up after my character got mauled by a bear and then I never played the game again.

The covers occasionally get mentioned among my circle of friends, and then the conversation usually quickly devolves into someone making an unfunny joke about how if they ever write a book the cover will be like an Animorphs cover, except instead of a child morphing into an animal it would be a jpeg of George W Bush morphing into a different jpeg of George W Bush. For some reason this became a running joke. I don't know why.

And that is the extent of my experience with Animorphs. I'm sure they're wonderful books, but again I haven't actually read them. I probably should though.

4. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,071.22
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Oh boy.

Let's say I have a very detailed past with this series. It basically started my awakening in 1998. But later was the basis for oh so many fears, to the point that seeing the word for the title was too much. That's in my blog. Error | Kinmunity

Outside of fears. I named about 3 different dogs Jake, can you guess why? Lol.

I had 15 book, vhs tapes, video game for the PC. I was obsessed.

About 2 years ago I stumbled into an article K. A. wrote on reddit saying "I worried I had ruined Alot of lives". She ruined mine.

I had PTSD from the series. That's in my Blog too.

I recently re-watched the series when it was on Netflix and it seemed to help the PTSD. But even seeing this thread, I ha do calm my anxiety.

I wish I had a better post to make but, I don't. :(

-Lee