Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Any advice on questioning being a therian or otherkin?

KaiXD

Pronouns
Neutral
I have recently been feeling that I may identify with, or as a elf otherkin. I also feel that I may be one spiritually. I may be a therian aswell, Im starting to believe that I could have been one in my past life, and deep down I still am one. Do any elf otherkins, or otherkins/therians in general have advice or help? Asher had recommended to ask kinmunity about it.

Chime

Pronouns
Feminine
I'm not kin, but when I feel lost, I ask myself a ton of questions and meditate on them. It helps to write it down along with the answers you come up with. You can make a list of why you think you might be elf and therian and then question every point. Like how strongly each reason is related to elves and therians. It's a start.

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
Note that if you find out your otherkin, your kintypes, or theriotypes, aren't always gonna match your expectations. You could end up finding out your a mouse, but you need to accept that. It's not always gonna be a cool animal or creature.

I recommend meditation to help your problems, since you aren't explaining this very well, it's hard to understand your perspective so I am struggling to help you out. Not meant to be rude, apologies if your offended.
Meditation helped me during questiong my theriotypes.

Last edited:

bxtchqveen

Pronouns
Neutral
I'm just gonna say what I've learned some years ago watching Chowder on cartoon network that has stuck with me as a recurring life lesson. "taste it and find out!" You could be, or you very well may not be, but while you've got the time and you've got the energy now, why not try it out? put on some elf ears or elf attire, go foraging out in the woods, read up on some magick or elven history, do you whatever your kintype does and see if it really fits you. I'm not like an expert in otherkins or alterhumans, but there's really no harm in just getting into what your kintype might be and just feeling around in there. and if in the end, you don't think its right for you, well, at least you tried and now you know for sure?

CrowLove

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Transgender Pride
Otherhearted
Non-Binary Pride
Plural
Otherkin
Crow
Pronouns
Neutral
Finding out who you are and to pinpoint your kintype or therian type can be a great task and it takes some time, patients and introspection. You most likely won't be able to rush through it.

I would suggest to do some meditation, research on elfes and other beings and do introspection and question yourself to seek answers .
But don't be too disappointed when it turns out that you are not the type you expected to be.
Take your time to figure yourself out and try some different ways like meditation, questioning, do research and see if it fits you.
Also, maybe take a look at some of the articles in the menu.

I wish you all the best on your journey of self exploration.

KaiXD

Pronouns
Neutral
I'm not kin, but when I feel lost, I ask myself a ton of questions and meditate on them. It helps to write it down along with the answers you come up with. You can make a list of why you think you might be elf and therian and then question every point. Like how strongly each reason is related to elves and therians. It's a start.
I'll try that later tonight, I feel that I could be a therian more then a otherkin though. Thanks for the help!

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
It also bears great mention, @KaiXD, the difference between identifying as and being something in these categories. It is a nuanced yet significant detail, because affiliating with and creating a deep personal bond with something is a very different experience than manifesting that thing from within. The former is external, the latter internal, and while both become internalized , both do not begin this way.

My suggestion would be, seeing as there are a number of others already, would be to decide and feel put which case it is. It is more or less an untold super-fundamental of the whole gathered nature of these topics.

Winter'sTouch

Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
What really helped me when i was questioning my nixie kintype, was getting questioned by my friend Pearl. By them asking me questions, I was able to think about things in a way I wouldn't have. If you ever want any help with that, feel free to DM me ^^

KaiXD

Pronouns
Neutral
It also bears great mention, @KaiXD, the difference between identifying as and being something in these categories. It is a nuanced yet significant detail, because affiliating with and creating a deep personal bond with something is a very different experience than manifesting that thing from within. The former is external, the latter internal, and while both become internalized , both do not begin this way.

My suggestion would be, seeing as there are a number of others already, would be to decide and feel put which case it is. It is more or less an untold super-fundamental of the whole gathered nature of these topics.
I still don't know if I could identify with or as, but ill update when I find out! It will most likely be a long time though, thank you!
Post automatically merged:

What really helped me when i was questioning my nixie kintype, was getting questioned by my friend Pearl. By them asking me questions, I was able to think about things in a way I wouldn't have. If you ever want any help with that, feel free to DM me ^^
Thank you! I actually don't know who pearl is, whats their kinmunity username?

Oh, and the term would be just otherkin, not A otherkin.
Oh thanks! I didn't know

KaiXD

Pronouns
Neutral
Pearls Kinmunity Username is InkyDaily.
Pearls Kinmunity Username is InkyDaily.
Thanks!
I'm just gonna say what I've learned some years ago watching Chowder on cartoon network that has stuck with me as a recurring life lesson. "taste it and find out!" You could be, or you very well may not be, but while you've got the time and you've got the energy now, why not try it out? put on some elf ears or elf attire, go foraging out in the woods, read up on some magick or elven history, do you whatever your kintype does and see if it really fits you. I'm not like an expert in otherkins or alterhumans, but there's really no harm in just getting into what your kintype might be and just feeling around in there. and if in the end, you don't think its right for you, well, at least you tried and now you know for sure
There's a forest down the street at a park, I'll try that if I can! Thank you for the help

Note that if you find out your otherkin, your kintypes, or theriotypes, aren't always gonna match your expectations. You could end up finding out your a mouse, but you need to accept that. It's not always gonna be a cool animal or creature.

I recommend meditation to help your problems, since you aren't explaining this very well, it's hard to understand your perspective so I am struggling to help you out. Not meant to be rude, apologies if your offended.
Meditation helped me during questiong my theriotypes.
I'll try meditation on the weakend when I dont have school or anything, and I understand its hard to see my perspective since I'm v hard at explaining! Thanks for helping out /pos

Finding out who you are and to pinpoint your kintype or therian type can be a great task and it takes some time, patients and introspection. You most likely won't be able to rush through it.

I would suggest to do some meditation, research on elfes and other beings and do introspection and question yourself to seek answers .
But don't be too disappointed when it turns out that you are not the type you expected to be.
Take your time to figure yourself out and try some different ways like meditation, questioning, do research and see if it fits you.
Also, maybe take a look at some of the articles in the menu.

I wish you all the best on your journey of self exploration.
Ty!! I will do some research and meditation on the weekend.

Last edited: