Any NaNoWriMo Writers? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Any NaNoWriMo Writers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AshenFall, Oct 19, 2015.

1. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ133.62
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I'm curious to know if anyone else on here is planning on participating in this year's NaNoWriMo? I'm trying it out properly for the first time this year and was wondering if there are any other like minded individuals working on a story. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.55
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I've tried it but I have a terrible problem of not completing things I've started and it really bothers me. I have tried every year though.

~Jessie

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I have tried it in the past, and am planning on using this November to participate in a sort of unofficial capacity. Basically, just do what you can each day, and don't feel upset if you don't reach the goal. The important thing is that it's giving you motivation to write instead of think it all over and end up never doing anything.

Things to remember:
    1. Don't edit. That's why December exists.
    2. It will be a piece of crap. Yep, everyone's is. You just wrote a first draft of a novel in 30 days and it ain't gonna be pretty. But it will be done (or at least a whole lot farther along than it was at the start), and that's what you should focus on. Look forward to that finished product, so that you have something to chisel at in the future....it's just going to be hell along the way.

My first NaNo, I attempted to do the whole thing with no prior planning whatsoever and only a half-idea of a real story, and got 10k words in before I tripped over my old friend procrastination. If you don't make it, just try again next year, even in small amounts. NaNoWriMo also has events at other times during the year, so you can get yourself writing during those as well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ261.43
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm conflicted about raising this thread from the dead. XD

But I really want to try this for this year. The thing is, I can physically tell you a bedtime story. But I'm not really good at sitting with myself and making up more thought out, complex things. I mostly want to do it because everyone else is doing it. :p I want a piece of this bridge! I also just want to see what it's like, because I haven't tried writing in a long time and definitely not a rough novel in a month.

So anything else to add here or anyone else participating this year?

5. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I want to participate, but I just don't have the time. I already need to give my supervisors at uni 4 chapters of my artefact each month, plus all the theory I have to read up on. Maybe next year,when I'm past the writing stage of my thesis.

6. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    If the idea of a novel is too complex, you could also write a bunch of smaller short stories instead! The main focus is for it to get you writing a lot.

I think I'm going to work on my novel this year; not officially subscribing to the challenge, but using the NaNoWriMo hanging overhead to guilt myself into actually writing XD

• Like Like x 1
  7. FaerieForged

FaerieForged The Draconic Elf and the Doom Floof
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,388.31
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I've been participating in NaNoWriMo for years, never finished my book because I always fall face first into my old enemy, Procrastination. I also keep making the mistake of trying to edit as I go instead of let myself just write.
    But I'll definitely be trying again this year.
    The simplified plot of my story is "Medieval Superheroes." We'll see how this year goes.

8. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    :)
    I've considered it, yet I tend to write only when I get inspired, not restricted to a certain time of the year. I suppose it's good practice. I just don't feel a need to do more practice ;)

9. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ133.62
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    After last year's dramatic fail (I didn't even start my novel whoops) I'm making an attempt once again this year at a horror novel. I have the time this year, as I'm not bogged down with too much workload and I have a bit of motivation to propel myself forwards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    It's honestly my dream to complete NanoWrimo. Never done it, only truly participated once and was too stressed out to continue. Whenever I have a solid novel idea going, I definitely plan to participate that year. Good luck next month! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ261.43
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Yeah, basically. Do ittt.
    And thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds awesome. Defeat this Mr. Procrastination!
    Well, anticlimactic fail really. :p But that sounds cool actually, yay for horror!

• Like Like x 2
  12. MorairiStelam

Bones:
    Ƀ5.47
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I plan to make a solid effort to participate this year. The last couple years have gone badly on the participation front, but I have extra motivation to succeed this year, because my best friend did it every year, and they can't this year. I still have a lot of planning to do today.