Any other furries around here? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Any other furries around here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MechanicJasper, Jun 17, 2016.

1. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I know the furry and otherkin communities are two seperate communities, but I was just wondering about any other members of both communities like I am. My fursona is nothing near my kintype (I mean, an organic fox-ram hybrid is nothing like an android disguised as a human being) and I don't feel like I am my fursona in any way other than as a persona for my artistic expression.

Though, I'm just wondering, is anyone kin with hybrid animals? I'm questioning feeling phantom horns, teeth, claws and a tail, but it could just be my imagination jumping to conclusions. I'll probably wait until I can get the fursuit built and see if that satisfies any feelings or not before I think too much more in to it. I'm not feeling any dysphoria that I can notice, so it doesn't seem like any sort of pressing matter.

But essentially, I hope to build my fursuit and go to Furnal Equinox in Toronto next year. We'll see how that pans out. Is anyone else a furry around here?

2. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ518.56
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Our multiple system has considered ourselves furries for many years and have been going to local monthly furmeets for a while now and several statewide hosted furmeets.

Our fursona is a (Greek) Chimera and so has nothing to do with any our kintypes either. It is our system mascot so it made sense to us to use it as our fursona as well. It is a way of artistically presenting our condition in a more literal light as well as being a way for us to represent our feelings as being multiple in our art. (Three heads of three different species in one body to symbolically represent many identifies/minds sharing one body.) Through art and stories we can vent our feelings, and through its avatar we can be "openly multiple" in a way we can't be in daily life.

We do not own a fursuit due to the complexity of a Chimera fursuit, but we have thought of how one might work. At most we might get a partial suit one day if we could figure out how a Chimera fursuit could work.

We have yet to go to any furry conventions as of yet, but we plan on mostly sticking to ones in the south not to far from our home state - Furry Fiesta (Texas), Wild Nights (Oklahoma), Mephit Fur Meet (Missisppi), etc.

- Z (male, snowy owl)

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I orginally did join the furry community sites because I felt I fit more. Back then I thought I was some animal or kitsune. However all the drama and so on pushed me out. I still mainly socialize with furries on secondlife because the human communities are full of a lot more jerks then the furries. I have no idea why. I haven't really explorered the role play communities with stuff like elves. Not sure how I feel about the anime communities because their full of trolls.

Great I rambled. Sorry, I don't feel I should delete it however. Other then that I do not actively socialize in the community. It just caused a lot of drama I didn't need in my life.

4. Vishuddha

Vishuddha Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ86.97
    Primary Identity:
    Theriomythic
    Mood:
    :idontcare:
    I have been a fan of furry art and culture for maybe five years now? Six? Since I was around twelve. Becoming a furry probably did have something to do with being otherkin. I'm not sure... the animal appeal, I suppose?
    I've been to Furry Weekend Atlanta (2015), and would love to participate more in the community and go to conventions in stuff... I just haven't really made good friends with other furries, especially none in my area. Friends are hard to make, even when you share really niche interests and hobbies.

And just bein' honest, who could look at, say, some people's fursuits and think they're not fascinating? As well as the detail and character in furry art of all media. The craftsmanship and artistic skill gets to some ridiculous levels, and I give them props!

5. MechanicJasper

Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    @Maggie Darkmoon
    It's amusing because I've never really seen any drama in the furry community and I've been a lowkey part of it for years. Probably just because I simply lurk around the sites, draw and read comics. I always get confused when people say there's drama because I've been lucky as to not find any yet.

@Vishuddha
    Honestly fursuits are amazing to me. They portray emotions and characters with fun details and colours, as well as fit in ways to allow movement, even intense dance moves. I might have been a bit obsessed with furcon dance competitions for the past little while... I plan on entering one once I build my fursuit.

6. Obsydian

Obsydian Pallas Cat
    Feline

Chibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ31.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I'm a furry and a fursuiter! My fursona is a rockhopper penguin though, and so far I've worn her to one convention! (IndyFurCon 2015)
    While the communities are separate, the animal identities of both groups somewhat go hand in hand.

7. MechanicJasper

Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    The feeling that I'm getting is that a fursona is usually an animal someone identifies with or favors, as opposed to identifying as.
    It's nice though, I've seen a number of furries specify the terms for people who identify as animals in a respectful way. That's always something that makes me feel a bit better.

8. Obsydian

Obsydian Pallas Cat
    Feline

Chibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ31.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Yes indeed! While I do have "traits" of a penguin, such as being short, lover of sushi, they are more of the superficial kind if that is even the correct word. So in such, I identify with this character strongly in that way and like to represent myself with her online. I call her me, she is me, but she isn't ME as in my identity as a cat.

9. MechanicJasper

Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I gotcha on that one. My fursona is someone who I feel has a design meant to match my personality. More of a cartoony representation of myself in my mind. But I don't get any ram-fox shifts, nor do I have memories of being a ram-fox. The android is me - though sometimes I refer to him as a separate being or "him" when reflecting on memories I got from him - while the ram-fox is a representation of me.

10. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @MechanicJasper I can't remember right but, your a minor right? I was dealing with the adult furry community. That might be why.

11. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I'm a furry, but I don't see my fursona(s) as an extension of myself. It's just a character that i anthropomorphised from a story I wrote. Still American, still male, still a croupier/sniper.

12. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,071.22
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I am a furry. I found the furry Fandom and had to accept it, before I could accept myself, then the Therian group.

My fursona isn't a fursona as much as it is just a mirror of my mexican Wolf theriotype. I've been to a major fur meet. Mephit Fur Meet, last year. Planning for Fangcon this year.

I'm getting a full fursuit made of my theriotype as well.

13. MechanicJasper

Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    @Maggie Darkmoon
    Nope, I've been 18 for about 8 months now. I consider myself a bit apart of the adult community, but I mainly just lurk around and look at nice art instead of interacting much.

@Mirath
    I've been thinking of making some fursonas that aren't quite extensions of me, more for artistic expression and my love for character design.

@Lee RuralWolf
    I'm trying to find some furmeets around my area. Toronto is a bit... lacking in such. I will hopefully go to Furnal Equinox, with a fursuit I plan to make for then.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ132.93
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I'm a furry! My fursona is kinda fluid. I have a husky fursona who is completely her own entity, then I have my cat and rabbit fursonas. I would love to have a fursuit for any of them, but I just straight don't have that kinda money. I havn't gone to any furmeets, though I'd like to eventually.

15. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @MechanicJasper Oops sorry. Maybe it's just that my energy draws in the whitish people who like to cause drama because that's all I got minus one real friend I made. SL has been pretty much the same. I blame my kintype.

16. MechanicJasper

Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    @Snowshoe
    I know that feeling. I'm hoping if I space out my work and payments, I'll hopefully be able to build my fursuit in time for Furnal Equinox 2017 in March.

@Maggie Darkmoon
    I have a tendency to fight with humans, including myself, so I'll probably get a bit more drama once I get deeper in to the community. As of right now, I rarely talk to furries much unless I meet them offline.

17. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @MechanicJasper That's probably why. A lot of people even tried to pull my wife and me apart because they where after one of us. really irritating. Like there shouldn't of been that many people trying that. I think it's happened 10 plus times over the last 3 years.

18. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,231.11
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I'm a furry, but unfortunately I have no time or money presently to make fur suits. Hopefully one day.

19. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I'm sort of a furry. I like some furry art, but I don't really have a fursona or a fursuit. Not that I wouldn't be interested in the latter necessarily, but there's a lot of time and/or money involved. I do sometimes wear the ears and tail though, especially at conventions. I even built a cosplay around it, my character Darth Fluffy. So I guess that's the closest thing to a fursona I have.

20. ArgaronDrakescale

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ85.16
    Primary Identity:
    Cyber
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I'm in the furry community, I've made friends there and have some odd kinks and things, though i usually try to keep the two worlds separate.
    I found it was a good form of "hiding" i guess you could say, but for the most part i always had my mind still in the otherkin community.
    Sadly, no fursuit, no money, no time, and cant really go to conventions anyway.