Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Any other Witches here besides me?

AhostWithDIDxxx

Plural
Pronouns
Masculine
Heyo! Im looking to meet other witches and I don't know where to look. if there are any witches here maybe pop in and say hi?

Owls

Pronouns
Neutral
Hello! We're intuitive eclectics, and tend towards working with tarot, energy work, and spirit work. We do some sigilcraft as well but that's more of an as-needed thing rather than consistent practice.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
I used to be in a coven years ago where I was the door warden, hold the sword, challenge/welcome visitors, reinforce the circle when the High Priestess was having an energetically off night, and protect the circle while everyone else did their thing. The job suited me pretty well.

Later I became a Kemetic (Egyptian polytheist) for obvious reasons. Is it possible to worship your own family? Heck yeah, they're still awesome, and they have a habit of treating followers like family anyway.

But I'm not really wired for ritual work or tools. I do everything energetically and intuitively. Mostly astral and energywork.

Chimerwulf

Pronouns
Other
Greetings . I use different types of spiritual work ethics but would probably use the title "wicca" because that sounds more gender neutral.

Cipher

Elder
Pronouns
Feminine
@Timbrilsom ; modern witchcraft as understood in this thread is a faith + works-based spirituality. If it helps you understand the concept better (not saying this is precisely the same thing, but) you can think of magic as a type of active prayer. Except, rather than necessarily praying to a god or other figure for outside help, there is the belief that you can in some way provide that same help. No, it's not fireballs and physical shifting, just spirituality and under some practices, organized religion.

That being said, I'm sort of one, although I'm still working out the details involved with how it collides with my otherkin identity.

Timbrilsom

Pronouns
Masculine
@Timbrilsom ; modern witchcraft as understood in this thread is a faith + works-based spirituality. If it helps you understand the concept better (not saying this is precisely the same thing, but) you can think of magic as a type of active prayer. Except, rather than necessarily praying to a god or other figure for outside help, there is the belief that you can in some way provide that same help. No, it's not fireballs and physical shifting, just spirituality and under some practices, organized religion.

That being said, I'm sort of one, although I'm still working out the details involved with how it collides with my otherkin identity.
Ok, so I think I get it. So if by witchcraft, you mean managing my beliefs so as to use the law of attraction to my advantage to manifest more of what I actually want out of life, then yes. I suppose that would make me a wi . . . would the term for dudes be warlock? I'll just go with that. I suppose that would make me a warlock of sorts.

But I don't really want to use that terminology because it has really weird connotations to it. I prefer to think of myself as a pragmatist. I'm just doing the best I can to keep my life in a good place. That's all. If some of that happenes to be somewhat metaphysical in nature, so be it.

Owls

Pronouns
Neutral
No, I mean how does it actually work? Cause I'm pretty sure it's not possible to break the laws of physics.
You're completely right that it's not possible to break the laws of physics, at least as far as we're aware; we're not flying or conjuring objects out of thin air or anything like that, and we don't expect to. That's not how it works. Cipher described it well as a sort of active prayer in some cases, but it also plays into spiritual beliefs and experiences related to them for a lot of folks. Some things likely have psychological explanations somewhere behind them, but we prefer to view it through a spiritual lens because that feels right for us and the effect happens either way. Other things might not have psychological explanations, but we're not really qualified to say one way or the other. What we do know is that for us, magick has a slow positive effect and is helpful for us. There's a lot of putting energy or intent into things to produce a result or hopefully increase the likelihood of something happening.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
I usually think of magic as nudging probabilities. Does that actually work? No way to know for sure especially for one-off events. I like the active prayer explanation too.

Does it make me feel better for putting those energies out there? Yes, it does.

What are energies? I don't know, but I can feel them and they have an effect on me if nothing else.

2-D

Fictionkin
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Hi, I've been a practicing witch for about two years. I'm eclectic, and a spirit worker. I do astral work and divination as well. Most of my craft centers around improving my life and mental health at the moment.

I guess I'd be an omnist, and I'm a hard polytheist. I believe in spirit guides and guardian angels.

I hope I can clear some things up about witchcraft. I don't claim to be an authority on witchcraft knowledge, so I encourage you to form your own beliefs and do your own research.

Witchcraft is manifesting your will through spells (intention).

Witchcraft is about using your intention to manifest something into your life/banish it from your life. It is spiritual energy work. It has been made fantastical through fiction (which is cool), but the concept has existed around the world for centuries. Not everyone would define themselves as a witch, and that's okay.

Witches typically do symbolic rituals and use the energy of things like corresponding crystals, herbs, candles, and more. Material objects aren't a requirement, though.

It's something that requires dedication to study. There's a lot of misinformation about witchcraft in books and online. It's also good to form your own beliefs on it.

Witch is gender neutral, because witchcraft can be done by anyone. Usually the only people that claim men can't be witches are weird radfems. You can call yourself whatever you want really, as long as it isn't offensive.

If you believe in the law of attraction, then you can use it in witchcraft. But they are not the same. The way that law works is not always based on intention. It's basically... you draw in the matching energy to what you put out. It can be intentional or not.

I used to believe in it, then realized that the universe isn't going to send me more bad life experiences just for having a lot of negative thoughts. I'm recovering from chronic trauma. It just doesn't make sense to me now that I looked at it that way. It doesn't seem fair to me, and it goes against my beliefs on destiny and fate. It doesn't match my life experiences as well.

I think there is also a psychological element. You can only see what your perspective allows, so if you expect positivity/negativity you can unconsciously filter your experiences to be more positive/negative.

I hope this makes sense. This is a big interest for me, so I like to share.

AhostWithDIDxxx

Plural
Pronouns
Masculine
Hi, I've been a practicing witch for about two years. I'm eclectic, and a spirit worker. I do astral work and divination as well. Most of my craft centers around improving my life and mental health at the moment.

I guess I'd be an omnist, and I'm a hard polytheist. I believe in spirit guides and guardian angels.

I hope I can clear some things up about witchcraft. I don't claim to be an authority on witchcraft knowledge, so I encourage you to form your own beliefs and do your own research.

Witchcraft is manifesting your will through spells (intention).

Witchcraft is about using your intention to manifest something into your life/banish it from your life. It is spiritual energy work. It has been made fantastical through fiction (which is cool), but the concept has existed around the world for centuries. Not everyone would define themselves as a witch, and that's okay.

Witches typically do symbolic rituals and use the energy of things like corresponding crystals, herbs, candles, and more. Material objects aren't a requirement, though.

It's something that requires dedication to study. There's a lot of misinformation about witchcraft in books and online. It's also good to form your own beliefs on it.

Witch is gender neutral, because witchcraft can be done by anyone. Usually the only people that claim men can't be witches are weird radfems. You can call yourself whatever you want really, as long as it isn't offensive.

If you believe in the law of attraction, then you can use it in witchcraft. But they are not the same. The way that law works is not always based on intention. It's basically... you draw in the matching energy to what you put out. It can be intentional or not.

I used to believe in it, then realized that the universe isn't going to send me more bad life experiences just for having a lot of negative thoughts. I'm recovering from chronic trauma. It just doesn't make sense to me now that I looked at it that way. It doesn't seem fair to me, and it goes against my beliefs on destiny and fate. It doesn't match my life experiences as well.

I think there is also a psychological element. You can only see what your perspective allows, so if you expect positivity/negativity you can unconsciously filter your experiences to be more positive/negative.

I hope this makes sense. This is a big interest for me, so I like to share.
1 ver ver good explaining 2 love it 3 pms are alwaysss opennn!

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
15 years a witch. Started as a Wiccan and grew into my own thing over time. I love all kinds of energy working and connecting with the spirits of the forest. I'm a newer therian, just realizing who I am and looking to incorporate it into my practice if anyone has any helpful hints. TY :D

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I am not really a witch but have been working on rune magick recently (i love that people here actually spell "magick" correctly). I am an Asatruar, so a devout Christian from the 1600s would call me a witch especially since I do use charms, runes, and herbs. I want to get more into it though. I just got a tarot deck (that I am literally in, look up the Zen Monster tarot deck, I'm the Page of Cups) and want to learn how to do that