Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Any tips for dream shifting?

FoxyAnimations

Otherhearted
Shadow Dog
Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
It's currently night where I am and I really wanna try out Dream Shifting. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

2-D

Otherhearted
Plural
Fictionkin
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
You can learn lucid dreaming techniques. This would give you more conscious control over your dreams. Alternatively, you can engage with material that reminds you of your type/s before bed and hope for the best.

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Golden Shield
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Keeping a dream journal might help to get more aware of your dreams. Also, I once successfully transferred a visualisation practiced in meditation to a lucid dream, so I guess that wake-state visualisation training generally helps.

Chime

Pronouns
Feminine
I wish I could help, but the way I learned to lucid dream was a bit unconventional. I was taught by my imaginary friend. A wolf made of blue flames. She did told me be aware of my reality.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
Dreams are, by virtue of their nature, difficult to compel to do anything on command. They are manifestations of what is almost exclusively unconscious and more so too subconscious, meaning they are often absolutely laden with contents which are not only not immediately evident, but also those that are not coherent. So by no means is entering another state by means of dream something that can be easily derived. This should not be a deterrent, only an observation that "getting it to happen" is not something likely to succeed, and that it is more probable to manifest on its own.

This sounds unhelpful and discouraging at first, although it really should not be perceived that way. Rather, it should be approached with a state of mindfulness to try and help bridge the gap between these states of consciousness prior to sleep or when in times of stillness between activity to build a passive sense and awareness of them; the more feedback and interactivity one can create, the more probable it is one will see overlap between them. Meditation and prayer, or mindfulness as goes a popular means now, are the most common historical ways to accomplish this, of which the are many methods but many of them need be experimented with. It should also be noted one should not attempt to "program" or force these procedures in a means to evoke dreams, because all one is simply doing then is creating their own creation rather than what is. By which I mean, if one constantly reinforces they wish to be a resplendent macaw parrot in every passive thought and goes on great, lengthy sections of mental creation and imagination, one has created an association for themselves; a product of their design, not what was there naturally.

Fortunately, if one already knows the experience for themselves in another "shift" and what that feels like, concentrating on that - providing it is safe and not say, a loss of conscious or control - then it can easily open that doorway by reaching out to it. Particularly when fatigued and tired, as that exposes the conscious mind, the waking world, to the world of the unconscious and subconscious and their roiling contents. Effectively this merges into a daydream from a session of focused but light mental activity into sleep.

I hope this proves somewhat useful, @Asherberry, as another way of trying to reach that place.

Lestia

Pronouns
Neutral
Well...Dream shifting follows the base of common vivid lucid dreams. So the first is to be able to be able to make decisions in dreams. To achieve that, I suggest meditation, taking notes and repeating yourself, I'm going to dream and I'll be able to control my dream. There are lots of tutorials and guides (feel able to ask me for some if you want/need to).
NOTE: Do not use that as a way of scaping from reality, and do not alter your sleeping routines because it'd be so dangerous and nocive for your health