Anyone Else Feel Like a Watcher in the Forums? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Anyone Else Feel Like a Watcher in the Forums?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rayya122, Jul 3, 2016.

1. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :)
    I don't comment very much on the forums, or make many posts. I prefer to watch people talking about and debate things while staying in the background. Anyone else here like that? ^.^

• Like Like x 2
  2. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13.72
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I don't comment often; only when I feel I have something that meaningfully contributes to the conversation, and hasn't already been said.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Castellamare

Castellamare little hen
    Dragon

White Winged AngelFerocious Blue WyvernBrown GriffinMale LionBuckDoeBlack CatFemale LionMustangSpotted BuckSpotted DoeRainbow BuckRainbow DoeBlue GriffinSharkCrowGrey RaptorRed RaptorWhite Feathered RaptorGreen RaptorOrange RaptorOtherkin HeptagramWuffyFerocious Alabaster Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ141.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Yup, me. I'm kinda upset about it, I guess I see that people can just reach things themselves and come to similar conclusions as myself. I'm a little upset, or disappointed in myself if you haven't noticed.
    I've also become like this in real life to some extent...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I feel this way, like at times I can't relate to what's posted anymore. Maybe it's me, maybe it's because I question and doubt my nonhuman-ness, dunno

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mist Howler

Mist Howler Tofu-Eating Reptilian
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Alien/Spacekin

Blue Shift PhilterSparkling PhilterVoice KeyGold VIP - Six Month Subcription
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,632.61
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Mood:
    :angel:
    I am most definitely a bit of a lurker within the forums. I do pop in the chat daily and I spew out my thoughts there and goof around.

As far as the forums are concerned, I like to read other people's responses and watch their little debates or squabbles. I tend to be in the background a lot of the time. If I feel that I can contribute to something useful to the topic or it's a topic that greatly interests me, I will definitely post. Usually, I also tend to write a long, thoughtful response because of how little I tend to post around the forums. Plus, due to the fact that I am often on mobile, it's a little harder to post, due to me preferring to write a lot, in general.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    It's clear enough that we have a lot of members who don't post on the forums, which is kind of a shame. But it's true that it's hard to contribute with topics that don't mean anything to you.

7. Starborn

Starborn Wild Alien Witch

Bones:
    Ƀ85.75
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I'm definitely a lurker, for various reasons. I've always been more of an observer than a participator, though, in almost all social situations.

8. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.34
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I go through phases of activity and inactivity. I do try to post when I'm feeling up to it though.

9. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Oh definitely. I often see one thread that I really want to participate in because it might be a fun discussion, but then I see how it could easily go downhill and I don't want to get tangled up in that. Examples of this are stuff like that one thread a while back, "what is your opinion on non-kin humans". (I did take part in that, but it definitely went awry). That's why I mostly just putz about in the game threads, mock-kin, the genie game, and whatnot. I make meaningless contributions there that might make someone laugh, and then I think "Ah, yes, this has been a good interaction, I really feel like a part of this community."

Submarine dragon disappears for long periods of time before resurfacing to meme.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    I feel the same way with what you guys said, sometimes it feels like you just can't relate to what's going on and sometimes it just seems like things are going far off course and you don't want to get tangled in that.

11. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    For me it depends. I poke my head in every day to check things out and make sure all is well. Some days I feel up to posting lots and other days I don't have the time to type responses. It all depends really, and also varies on what topics are active too.

12. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.57
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I've had little motivation to keep up with topics and such. I just need more debates and such to contribute to.

13. Castellamare

Castellamare little hen
    Dragon

White Winged AngelFerocious Blue WyvernBrown GriffinMale LionBuckDoeBlack CatFemale LionMustangSpotted BuckSpotted DoeRainbow BuckRainbow DoeBlue GriffinSharkCrowGrey RaptorRed RaptorWhite Feathered RaptorGreen RaptorOrange RaptorOtherkin HeptagramWuffyFerocious Alabaster Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ141.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I guess I've felt less in touch with my kintype. Less in touch literally, as well, because I haven't really had phantom shifts. I feel less valid, I doubt myself, and although all my beliefs say, "this is possible," I feel like I might just be making up this (these) specific kintypes. At least I can tell myself that's what my soul is, cause I get that vibe. Even that has diminished though.
    I think the sun vs contherian post was the first post (on any site) for a while, that really got me thinking in a creative, out-of-the-box way. That has occasionally happened in real life. I guess I've just lost part of my spark. For now, I hope.

14. Lowin

Lowin Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ184.23
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Lurker, here. Mostly because I'm still figuring out my identity. (I know I'm not human, but I'm not sure what I am instead, so I really can't comment on anything identity-related at the moment.) I also like to have all my words together before I respond to something. Otherwise, I find myself sitting at the computer for a super long time, and my response doesn't come out like I originally intended.

15. XAthrasAshirX

Bones:
    Ƀ13.03
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I feel the same way. I've always been somewhat of a lurker so it's strange going on forums and posting comments. Nevertheless, when there is something I'm passionate about I'll definitely talk about it.

16. Diamond Sky

Diamond Sky Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ241.45
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Sometimes I am just reading, but much of the time if I do have a response, I have to go through an ordeal to give my full attention to it. I hate it when I find myself saying something other than what I intended because I'm not focused on what I'm saying. So often I'll end up lurking for that reason.

#16 Diamond Sky, Nov 29, 2016 at 3:40 AM
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016 at 4:07 AM
  17. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ577.44
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :mad:
    I lurk all the time, mostly because I either can't think of what to say or I feel like I can't relate to the topic at hand.

18. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :mad:
    oh yeah, absolutely!
    I rarely take part in the forums, just read and think my part. Often people said what I wanted to say already or at least something so close to it that I don't feel like being beneficial to the thread anymore.
    I really only meddle (here) if there's a particular interesting topic. / or if I just happen to be in the mood to talk =)

19. Seth

Seth Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ79.57
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Yeah, i like watching much more than joining in on the conversations lol

20. Paniczoure

Paniczoure The White-Furred Artist
    Staff Member Guardian

Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Bones:
    Ƀ126.14
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I've been like that, but mostly because I've been rather busy.