Anyone else play Sims? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Anyone else play Sims?

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by rayya122, May 8, 2016.

1. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :)
    The sims series has to be my favorite video game series but, I'm not too fond of sims 4. I don't know, it feels like they went backwards a bit to me. It's basically sims 2 with more features. But anyway, what's your favorite game in the series? It can be from Mysims to the singular projects like Sims Freeplay and Sims Medieval. ^.^

2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.45
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I love the sims! I've only played up to sims 3 because I've heard too many bad things about the dlc nightmare that is sims 4. My favourite in the series is actually the original, with the Makin Magic expansion pack.

I have Sims Medieval, but I haven't played it enough to form an opinion of it.

3. Mew

Mew Unidentified Shapeshifting Object
    Hiatus

Black CatBuckBarghestFriendly Fox
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,493.05
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I also love The Sims franchise! My favorite is probably Sims 2, but that's because that's the one all the good mods are for, for the fictional characters I like. Sims 3 would be my favorite if there were mods for older fandoms/characters, like Sims 2, but until then Sims 2 wins out.

The original Sims also has a place in my heart, as it was what I played when I was little, and it was much easier to make a graveyard by just dumping people in an empty lot and letting them starve; now-a-days they eat from the trash can, or eat at work, etc, and it's truly a hassle.

Sims 3 with the Supernatural expansion is also one of my faves, but I love magical beings, and it almost makes up for the lack of preferable mods.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    I agree completely! I love sims 2! ^.^ It seems like they spent the longest amount of time on that game than they did with most of the others. My favorite would have to be sims 3 though, the graphics are pretty cool and the island and supernatural expansion packs have some pretty fun features OuO

5. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,060.35
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I played myself the Sims 3 with some DLC and the Sims Medeval that was my first Sims game in the series. A friend introduced me to the series. We used to play it a lot when I came to her house. It wasnt until last year and I was on Steam I decided to buy the game and some DLC's that had peaked my interest. It is very addicting but I dont play it anymore since I also had new games to play. I do plan to play it again but there are first some games on my list I want to play first before downloading it again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.86
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I absolutely love The Sims! I played 2 and 3 for so many hours they must be my longest played games of all time. I am now an avid player of Sims 4, honestly despite the frustration of so much DLC (goodbye my precious money, in the name of virtual items for my Sims) it is a great game they keep adding new features in updates, it feels really fresh and fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    ^.^ Oh yeah, of course! It seems like they add a new expansion pack every other day! I have to say I like the stuff and fashion packs more though, it gives the game a more rpg feel.

8. stoatlord

stoatlord Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ252.51
    Primary Identity:
    Sidhe
    I love sims. I am a die hard sims 2 fan, I still play it in preference to 3 and 4. That game has eaten literally days of my life. Weeks, even. Not repentant!

9. The Observer

The Observer Hatchling
    SP Artist

Bones:
    Ƀ255.41
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    Oh my god, I looove the sims. I liked 2 better, since you had more freedom and could create brand new neighborhoods.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stoatlord

stoatlord Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ252.51
    Primary Identity:
    Sidhe
    I also play SIm City 4 a lot. I have the MASSIVE region map of the UK. That is a very, very complex game!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aurelia

Aurelia Canis Lupus
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ120.07
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I've been playing the sims for about 9 years now! I've played 1, 2, 3, and 4. However, 4 sucks. But, I still love love love the sims games!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I mostly played the first one, and I didn't really play it "correctly." I used cheats to make the most outlandish homes possible, and tried to kill off my Sims in creative ways. I also remember playing around with the chemistry set, which makes perfect sense if you remember what that did.

More recently I picked up the 3DS version of The Sims 3, and it was actually a decent port. That one I played a bit more "correctly."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Aaah, I friggen LOVE the Sims! The original Sims games and all those expansion packs will always be my favourite and while I haven't played 4 yet, I've heard not so awesome things about it. I'll probably still try it out eventually, but I'm in no rush and if I remember, it's still too expensive to be worth it. Lol, but yeah, this game has claimed waaaay too many hours of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    Yeah I agree, 4 isn't too good XD

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ragged Insomnia

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ225.08
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I really don't care much for video games of any sort, but I adore the Sims. I have a whole shelf that's just the games, in my basement. Since my laptop's so old, only the first two will work, so I've probably spent weeks worth of time playing the Sims 2 over the past ten years.

16. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    OuO me too, I tend to spend hours on sims! I think the longest I've ever played is about 4 hours straight... It's just really fun, making new sims and neighborhoods

17. PastelDetermined

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ49.89
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I've really only played Sims 3, but I love it. I have seen my friend play Sims 4, and honestly it looks kind of... meh. The only thing I could think of that would make me want it is the fact that they removed some of the gender barriers in a recent update, and that makes me personally really happy. But I do really like Sims 3, and I (at least used to) play it all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    \^.^/ Same with me, sims 3 is really amazing. They have so many different features and things to discover.

19. NightSouls

NightSouls Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ62.24
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :cryingface:
    Hi there!! I love playing the Sims!! I have Sims2 and Sims2 Pets!! I play Pets more often though!!
     Amber  

20. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Ermagherd lol i love the sims! I have been playing the sims games since the first one. Sadly i haven't tried 4 yet, but i heard it wasn't as good as 3. 3 is my favorite by far.