Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

are there things about yourself that you attribute to your kintypes?

Pronouns
Masculine
i'm bad at phrasing questions, so lemme elaborate- were/are there any moments in your life that made you think, "wow so that was my kintype peeking through"? things you did or feelings you had when you were younger? things you do now to alleviate dysphoria?

personally, i've always felt a connection to the second-in-command characters. i'd always rather be the vice president than the president himself. i feel this connection to the "little people" because i was one. i was my boss's right hand man. and i tend to like characters like me, or take jobs like the ones i had, because i miss it.
some perspective: i'm from the batman universe, and the guy i worked for was the joker himself. and he's never been my favorite batman villain- that title goes to two-face, who i actually knew canonically. but i found him fascinating anyway. still do. even pre-awakening, i was drawn to his insanity, just like before. after all, that insanity was what i knew and came to expect of him.
there are some more things, but those are the main two? what about you guys?

Fractured Souls

Furry
Otherkin
Plural
Pronouns
Other
my love for research! information, data- its so great~
anyways, yeah, I was a scientist in one life and a web crawler in another, so information is my heroin lol
Always has been, even pre-awakening

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I would say my childhood tendencies to playact at being various quadrupedal animals (lions, wolves, tigers, cheetahs [yes, lots of cats], etc) and an obsession with winged objects (I loved airplanes as a kid. Still do, really.) could very easily be attributed to my being Dragonkin. I remember I even figured out a way to hold my hands so they resembled paws. I was also always trying to fly by jumping off my swingset. I swore for a long time I actually got slightly more hang-time by flapping my hands as fast as I possibly could.
I also was often told growing up and even into my teen years that I was "more mature" than most kids my age, or "wise beyond my years" which I now think could also be attributed to my past life knowledge leaking through even before I awakened. Also possibly my nature as a dragon to do a lot of listening, so I learned more than a lot of other kids did who tended to zone out or wander off instead.

FoxyAnimations

Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Every night I head to Wawa with my family, we walk instead of drive. My brother always (normally) comes and I chase him a lot but slowly, if I have a bat or stick with me I'll swing it at him without actually hurting him of course. It feels so "strong?" Not a mental shift. I can see it being like what you described here. I feel very connected to the night and can't go a day without holding or pretending to hold a weapon in my hand.

Foxglove

Demisexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Wanting to burrow I relates to my fox kin type. Though obviously I can't actually borrow so I'll use blankets instead.

Buckaruin

Pronouns
Neutral
I don't sit: I perch or crouch, and I have since I was a toddler. I also used to pretend that i was a dog or could shapeshift. And if I let myself think about it too hard, I start to crave forests and high elevations.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
In so many ways this reflects my life at large, owing to the actuality that I allow it to manifest through so often, that it is thoughtless, effortless. To demonstrate, an example of this would be plainly that I am a hunter and tracker, not just of the physical world but the spirit. It is everything in me to follow the path of where I am being drawn. I cannot help myself from "stalking the self" as it is put in some shamanic circles, wherein I hunt myself, I seek myself, I follow where I go but in reality, it is I who is following that which is. Imagine moving through the tall grass, amongst the pine trees, beside the water and over the mud, going along this winding way.

When I was young, this did not exist, for I knew nothing else. I had no context or focus or reference outside the world and with time, it was taken from me until all that I was, all that I am, was forced to be buried under mundanity - to become sleeping again.

Doll

Endel
Poison Sword
Gun
Pronouns
Neutral
A lot of my outlook on life can be attributed to my fictotype. I share many values with PreCure. I draw energy and power from emotion, much as they do. During disputes, I can usually see and understand both sides well - I believe this is a skill I also had as a figure of authority in my ocean home.