• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Artist pet peeves and annoyances

Effervescent-Daydream

What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to your creative activities? Need to vent? Yeet your feelings into the comments!

I'll start: I'm currently taking a break from working on a very detailed drawing after working on it for about 2 hours straight. It's a very important drawing to me (Expect to see it posted here as soon as it's done!~) and I'm super motivated to work on it. ...But now my hand hurts. I wanna keep working on it so bad but I physically can't. Screw this human body and its limitations. 

Vintage

I was about to ask pet peeves related to self or other?

Hm....honestly, none much- I've reconciled with a lot of my art problems....but I have more of an add/adhd hyper focus issue with art. I often forget to eat and don't want to be torn away if I'm really working on an art. I set myself a timer, it helps.

Effervescent-Daydream

I was about to ask pet peeves related to self or other?

Hm....honestly, none much- I've reconciled with a lot of my art problems....but I have more of an add/adhd hyper focus issue with art. I often forget to eat and don't want to be torn away if I'm really working on an art. I set myself a timer, it helps.
Pro-tip, on those breaks it's a good idea to stretch your hands too! ^-^ 

LunastreDraconis

Celestial Draconian Queen 🌔
Hmmm, I pay a little to much attention to detail sometimes, and I’m a little slow when it comes to drawing humanoid figures, and really anything else!

Pro-tips, take breaks, stay hydrated, use references if you have to, and have fun with art! You don’t have to draw for anyone but yourself! ^.=.^ 🎨🎨🎨

Bunflower

Developer
I get really, really tired of having to explain to people that "no clothing =/= nude", that it is the base sketch of the body. It drives me crazy every time someone asks "you're drawing NSFW?" because the body hasn't had clothes sketched out yet. 😞 

Pro-tips, artist gloves or sports compression gloves to help stabilize your wrists will save a lot of pain. Also elevate your tablet, if it's not already.  Do not draw with it flat. That will hurt your arms and wrists.

Anomaly

That artist feel when you're good at drawing circles because as a kid you were angry at yourself and went "I'm bad at art I can't even draw a circle" and proceeded to spend an hour just drawing circles to overcome that or whatever and now you're good at it thanks middle school old me why did you do this 

Naginata

When the sketching phase just won't stop. Discovering what brushes to use for painting is both a blessing and a curse. It's a very intuitive and a very fun way for me to "sculpt out" details and correct things on the fly. On the other hand, it made drawing so tedious in comparison.