Balancing The light and dark | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Balancing The light and dark

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Alucard, May 8, 2016.

1. Alucard

Alucard Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ111.72
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    This is simply a question to the community, or should i say kinmunity, (hehe bad puns)
    well any way my question would be what would you all rank your kin types as holy, unholy, good, evil, light, dark.
    how do you all feel? and have you ever attacked other otherkin on there standing to this.

2. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ844.15
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Well, I only have one kintype, and that's Lucifer.

I would rank this as holy, and dark. I wouldn't exactly use 'evil' necessarily, although as the Devil he sort of embodies it as a force, but as a person I would not say he is truly evil so I don't classify him as such.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alucard

Alucard Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ111.72
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    I wouldn't say Lucifer to be all that evil i think he gets a bad rap, but compared to god hes the lesser evil.

4. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :mad:
    Is "neutral" an option too? Don't see my theriotype on either side.

edit:
    + attack someone on their standing on this? like physically? No!

5. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ844.15
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    The way I view God is part of where my beliefs branch out into pantheism, so I'd have to disagree with you there. I think they each have their jobs to do, I think the jobs are difficult and I don't think the human conception of 'evil' can necessarily be applied to either of them, so it does make for an interesting discussion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alucard

Alucard Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ111.72
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    all i know is one flooded the earth killing millions when the other simply tells people to do what they already wanted to do, this i can counter you on as God in the old testament is not a nice person
    --- Post updated ---

Sure i would say neutral can be.

7. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Anyway, what do you mean by "their standing on this" ?

"I hate you because I'm an angel and you are a demon!!111!" ?
    that'd be pretty stupid if you ask me.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Alucard

Alucard Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ111.72
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire

sure i would say can be
    standing as do they rate there kin type as good or evil and do they attack evil or good kin-types because of it,

what i find stupid is if some one claims to be a angel yet gets along with a demon, but that is just me

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  9. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ844.15
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    Well, we're all human in our present lives, so there's no reason really for them not to get along. We aren't that same entity currently, so why should it matter? Deer and wolf therians get along just fine.

10. Alucard

Alucard Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ111.72
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    true true.

11. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    why would that be stupid? It's not like either of them CHOSE it. Besides, we are all physically humans right now so.. who cares?
    (This kinda reminds me of the one AA video, Some WC fiction-kin of abused vs WC fiction-kin abusers... )

EDIT: I see Cipher beat me to this

12. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,996.61
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Why is that stupid? We are all physically human, so why not get along regardless of kintype? Our kintypes do not define our relationships.

13. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I feel the wolf / deer reference is wrong here. Imagine you have the wolf-kin m-shifting. How is that wolf supposed to know the other person is a deer-kin? To the wolf, it's just a human.

14. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,996.61
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Oops I edited out that reference because Cipher used the same exact one. :p That is my point, though. Even in M-shifting, kintype doesn't matter in relationships with other 'kin

15. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ578.49
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    I don't think life is as black and white as you think it is. However, I'll give my two cents.

Being Creation would probably put me on the good end of the scale but thats also not totally accurate. Like anyone I am capable of bad stuff just as much as the good.

I would also never physically attack someone else there was an actual reason for it (like a fight or something). It would be based on that person as a whole though, like I don't care who or what you are, an arse is an arse all the same.

See, that's some weird logic you got going on there not to mention archaic thinking.

EDIT

People beat me to this point already.

16. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ844.15
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    Not really; as we say all the time, we're human now and therefore have control over our actions. Even if you are a wolf in an m-shift, it's not like you're going to see a deer--you're going to see just that, a human, not a deer. At most, the person might feel frightened and run away.

Edit: actually, we're saying the same thing, which is the point I was trying to make. It's useless, for example, to wonder why angelkin and demonkin would be friends, because it should be obvious in that deer and wolf therians get along just fine because all they see even in an m-shift are other humans. Those old rivalries don't apply when we're all human.

17. Oukami_Klimt

Oukami_Klimt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ239.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    .. that's exactly what I said..
    I'll open another thread about this topic. getting a bit offtopic here.

18. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Talking about "holy, unholy, good, evil, light, dark" also assumes that everyone has the same ideas about good, evil, and morality that you do. But that's something that changes with culture and personal beliefs. For example, in Catholicism, any spirit that isn't a mortal creature or of Heaven is classed as a demon, but for someone who isn't Catholic, they don't believe their nature spirits or deities to be demons. What you see as an unnatural friendship might not be to someone else.

Besides, like others have said, we're all also human right now, and our present colors our experience as much as our pasts or our inner natures. It would be a huge waste to give up a friendship because you can't see the commonalities between you and someone else, regardless of your differences. You'd be losing out on learning about new perspectives or making a good friend. Ultimately we're all also human, and it makes sense to find common ground, learn new things, and make friendships.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Ancient dragons only believed in two ways, light and dark. Since, as Firesong has mentioned, good and evil are matters of perspective they cannot be enforced whereas light and dark and obvious forces, certain acts darken the soul, certain acts brighten it (i won't use the term enlighten since it is a misuse of the word)

As such ancient dragons tried to maintain a balance between the light and the dark, I can't say they did this without failure but we still tried

20. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.94
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    It seems kind of strange to me to try and think of my kintypes as either "good" or "evil". Good and evil are human concepts. There are no evil wolves, nor are there particularly good wolves - we're animals, we do what our instincts tell us to do. Survive, protect the pack, procreate, etc. With theriotypes and animal-like kintypes, it's as simple as that.

But even humans aren't "good" or "evil". We're way more complex than that. Same with any kind of entity with advanced intelligence (yes, including angels, demons, etc.) - I identify as a demonic entity and, yes, I see myself as dark (and probably unholy too tbh), but I'm not evil. I'm neutral, with some good aspects. Dark =/= evil. Unholy =/= evil.

And I get along pretty well with angelkin. Angelkin are cool.

• Like Like x 1