Bastion | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Bastion

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Smooth Jazz Mann, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ104.67
    Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I really hope some other people on here have played this masterpiece. It's currently my 7th most played game on Steam (After The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Civ V, Starbound, Terraria, Skyrim and TF2), and my favorite game of all time. If any of you haven't played it, then you are seriously missing out. It's got a great story, great gameplay, great narration, great aesthetics and great everything else. Here's a link to the full OST, which gives a pretty good impression of the game.

The guy talking at the beginning is the games narrator, Logan Cunningham. And yes, you hear that voice for the entire game.

2. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I have this on a few platforms, actually, but I've never gotten around to playing it. I have played Supergiant's follow-up game, Transistor, which is phenomenal. I still have to finish it, but I love everything about it. Bastion is going to have a lot to live up to, as I'm doubtful that it can be as good as Transistor is, at least to me.

3. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ104.67
    Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Bastion came first and is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Transistor IMHO. You owe it to yourself to play it.

4. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Hmm. Well, we'll see about that, when I get the time to play it. I really doubt it can top Transistor, though. At least, not in my mind. :p

5. Aslal

Aslal Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    I've been too much into Overwatch I thought you were talking about the hero in that.

I've heard of Bastion (if anyone anywhere actually is into indie games, they've heard of it) but haven't had the chance to play it. Granted I really want to, and I probably will, but it's a shame there isn't a physical copy.

6. Kakoroff

Kakoroff C-c-carrotcake
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ100.22
    Gold VIP - One Month SubscriptionGolden Blaze PhilterVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    And its the best. voice. ever. *swoons*

7. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I feel really bad about Bastion. I got very far into it, but I keep getting distracted by other games to the point where I never remember where I left off in it! It got so bad that I actually uninstalled the game because of those unending distractions.

I can't believe how bad I feel about it, though. That's when you know you've really lost a treasure there.

Gameplay-wise, it felt a bit monotonous. There wasn't very much to the engine that I could detect, and even with a few variations here and there from a gameplay strategy perspective, it all revolved around the same mechanisms. It really was the smart-alecky narrator and fantastic setting that brought everything along.