Becoming a God

Anyone else (divinekin especially) go through hard mental shifts where you feel so, so powerful that it burns your insides up, but you just can't release any of your power anymore? So it just builds up and up and up and makes everything hurt?

I used to be an angel. I used to be able to save lives with a touch of my hand, and watch over the lonely people so they wouldn't feel as lonely.

Sometimes it's hard reminding myself that I'm human now, and I can't just will things to happen with the sheer power of my mind alone anymore.

What are some ways to cope with this?

--Alder

Shezep

Holy Birb
VIP
Yes, actually I have had energy shifts like that. It starts off nice, then builds pressure, then it feels hot enough to burn. Let me tell you, feeling like you have sunburns inside your body is no picnic. (And no, phantom energy burn is not exactly the same thing as a physical burn. It's not as bad but still pretty uncomfortable.) My spirit is used to using way more power than the energy systems attached to this body can handle. 

I still do a lot of energy work when I feel up to it. I do magic simply because I am what I am, but I try not to get too hung up on the results. Maybe I can nudge the probabilities a bit, and maybe not, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't try. Of course there are plenty of non magical ways to nudge probabilities too, so keep an eye out for those. 

The second means of coping is to learn boundaries. You can't save the whole world, but you might be able to work with the part of it that's right in front of you. Some of what is in front of you doesn't belong to you, and you need to know when to let that go. If watching the news is getting you down, turn it off until you stabilize again. Worrying about events that are beyond your reach does no one any good. Worry is not currency, or labor, or even prayer. It's just added stress that drains your emotional reserves. These are lessons that are well worth learning whether you're human or not. 

Also, I wasn't all powerful as a god either. If I was, we'd be typing in demotic right now. Stuff happens no matter who you are, it's just a matter of scale. 

I'm demonkin, and yes, I get those energy shifts as well. It feels like, as you described, power building up inside me. It tends to start from my chest/heart chakra and spread from there. It can get pretty intense, and can feel as if I could release that power just from pointing my finger (of course it can't and doesn't, unfortunately).

I usually get fidgety when it happens, so I guess I deal with it by moving and trying not to think about it. If I think too much about it I might get dysphoria.

Like @Shezep, I find energy work and magic to ease the discomfort. It's more effective when I retain enough human faculties to ground and focus. Mileage varies widely.

i also find physically oriented work like yoga, two chi, and long hikes to be helpful. There is a swimming hole nearby, private and crystal clear, that helps take the brunt of the pent up energy. Perhaps water, in its timeless accommodation, could be of help to you?

best of luck, and may you find ways of actualizing this energy that serve your highest good

Anyone else (divinekin especially) go through hard mental shifts where you feel so, so powerful that it burns your insides up, but you just can't release any of your power anymore? So it just builds up and up and up and makes everything hurt?

I used to be an angel. I used to be able to save lives with a touch of my hand, and watch over the lonely people so they wouldn't feel as lonely.

Sometimes it's hard reminding myself that I'm human now, and I can't just will things to happen with the sheer power of my mind alone anymore.

What are some ways to cope with this?

--Alder

I'm a dragon, my rage of bloodlust if I don't have meat at least once a month would burn me up. I don't personally like angels because they're of the cocky god that killed pagans, and those who did witchcraft. I prefer demons which to humans look evil yet they're not. Good and evil are a scale. One can't be purely good nor evil not even the dragons who made the universe. I don't know any ways of coping with it. Try eating meat

Mystere

I agree that energy work can be very helpful for these types of things! I also kind meditation helps, but that might be because I find it very energy draining rather than boosting (might just be the specific meditation I choose to do though because I know it seems to be energy rejuvenating for most people), so it helps take the edge off. I used to do yoga when I was in better health as well and that was great, but with my body in the condition it currently is I am unable to do it. 

Im not sure if i would consider myself divine kin, I am a minor draconian Goddess called by Nevora. Daughter of the god Gneitch (Draconian) and the Goddess Isis (Egyptian) (Sumerians called Isis Tiamat) (Greek name: Papyri) 

what do you think?

I'm not sure if this will be helpful. I seem to have such control over my energy to never be overwhelmed by it (I have to consciously build it up if I want more than my baseline). That might have to do with me always being shifted to some extent so I might just be used to it. You might be able to try using exercises to increase your control so you only have as much energy in you as you are currently comfortable with, even during strong shifts.

Gryff

Uber-Geek Fauntaur
I'm not divine kin of any sort (I don't think so anyway; it's a long story chronicled in my blog). But I do know a thing or two about uncomfortable emotions and desires coming from one's kin type. The trick for me is to find the closest thing I can do to relieve these feelings. If it involves healing or helping people for you, find the best way you can help out in this life and form.

I have experienced this as well, I get mine out by doing magic of some kind. Especially with my runes, it's how I get my mischievous energy that I get out. Pranks help too lol.

Maybe finding another medium to get the energy focused on, draw a picture, write a story, go for a walk, do homework. Do something to focus the energy somewhere else