Breaking bones | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Breaking bones

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Okay I know this is a little freaky but... does anyone else not feel pain or anything when you break bones?

I don't... and I've broken a lot...

2. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Knock on wood... I'm 28, and I've still never broken a bone. Which is kind of surprising since my lifestyle involves a lot of labor, working outdoors and lifting. But I also don't fall, ever--barring past experiences of extreme intoxication.

You mentioned in another thread being ginger. Redheads are more sensitive to certain types of pain and less sensitive to others. But that still doesn't explain feeling nothing at all.

I think the question we're getting at is whether being demonkin influences physical attributes and sensations. I think it could. Our subtle bodies are not entirely human, so we're going to perceive and feel things differently. I just don't know enough about the interface between the mind, the etheric body, and the physical body to make any precise conjectures on how this works.

3. Lady Constantine

Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ102.02
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Surprisingly i never broke a bone, lets hope to keep it that way. But if you talk about pain in general , I have high pain tolerance most of the time.

4. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Shock can actually prevent you from feeling pain from trauma like a broken bone when it happens. The pain usually comes after, especially when the bone needs to be set or moved at all. However, I believe there is a medical condition involving feeling no pain, but that might be more skin-pain-receptor-malfunction related. Were you alert/aware/can you remember when the bones were set and if you felt pain then? And were the bones definitely confirmed as broken, or just jammed/sprained/fractured?

Either way, if that's a common occurrence I'd maybe talk to a doctor, as not feeling pain during serious injury, while it might be nice to not have to go through that, is really dangerous for you (I'm thinking of that skin-pain-receptor thing again, for example someone who can't feel pain might not notice if they get a serious cut; ie they might not notice themselves bleeding out or potentially getting a serious infection. And if you broke something major like a leg and didn't feel it...and then tried to walk, it could seriously mess things up).

5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Cipher
    Heres the thing... I broke the majority of the left side of my rib cage from a bicycle crash. I felt no pain after it. The breaks all healed improperly and I was walking around with a mangled rib cage for four years. The only indication I ever got was about a month before I realized I had broken them... i felt a poke when i laid on my left side. That was it.
    I literally do not feel any pain, during, after or in the long run when i break a bone.

I've had two bike crashes now and both times this has happened.

I have heard of the condition where you don't feel pain at all but I defiantly don't have this. I feel being cut, hit so on so forth. It's just my bones.
    (sorry long reply I haven't been on the actual site as of late, lot going on)

6. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    @Maggie Darkmoon That is very strange. Have you tried talking to a doctor about why that might be happening?

7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Cipher
    No I haven't. I didn't have a doctor at the time I realized all that had happened. They have since been fixed by my wife. She was a combat medic and thankfully was able to fix it all.
    I am seeing my doctor on the 23rd. So hopefully I'll remember to bring it up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Brimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ306.48
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    I've never broken a bone, and I have a very high pain tolerance.