Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Came out as Otherkin to my step mom and...

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
SHE ACCEPTED!

Yeah, my step mom accepted me being Otherkin an it lead to a 1 hour conversation.
I'm very happy about this, knowing I can go to my dads and feel safe knowing she accepts me.
:grntg:

Igel

Therianthrope
Otherkin
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Plural
Pronouns
Feminine
Good for you! We're so happy for you!

When parents accept their kids in all their weirdness, it's always a beautiful thing. ❤️

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
Good for you! We're so happy for you!

When parents accept their kids in all their weirdness, it's always a beautiful thing. ❤️
Thank you so much!
My mother said she will accept me for anything, as long as it's not bad. I might come out as LGBT, but for now, no. Telling her i'm Otherkin is ten times more important for me.

EvernightWild

Fictionkin
Asexual Pride
Plural
Alterhuman
Bisexual Pride
Otherhearted
Pronouns
Feminine
THIS IS AMAZING!

I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to tell her a really important thing about yourself. I would be terrified. If you don't mind could you explain how you did it? I might take some tips...

For Example:
Did you tell her about all the aspects of it (e.g. synpaths, fictionkin) too or just otherkin?
What kind of questions did she ask?
Did you need to use resources or anything to explain it to her in more detail/were their any complicated bits she didn't understand?

If you don't feel comfortable answering these here, you can pm me ^^

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
Congratulations on having an accepting response come forward from her, @Asherberry. That kind of response is rare, so getting it at all is definitely a large step toward recognition and legitimacy in one's day to day life. Hopefully she interacts with oneself in it and does not treat one any differently, so do keep the conversation with her going, especially now with this being the way forward for both partners in the conversation.

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
THIS IS AMAZING!

I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to tell her a really important thing about yourself. I would be terrified. If you don't mind could you explain how you did it? I might take some tips...

For Example:
Did you tell her about all the aspects of it (e.g. synpaths, fictionkin) too or just otherkin?
What kind of questions did she ask?
Did you need to use resources or anything to explain it to her in more detail/were their any complicated bits she didn't understand?

If you don't feel comfortable answering these here, you can pm me ^^
Aspects. I explained synpaths, therians, fictionkin etc. She is a very good listener, so she understood perfectly.
She didn't ask any. I answered all as soon as I mentioned anything.
Nope. Nothing to complicated.

In my opinion, coming out as Otherkin means you have to have the right family members. Ones who listen very well, and aren't afraid to ask questions if needed.