Can kins have age regression?

DemiTrix

Apr 11, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
So, I can't really find a lot online about kinning, but is it possible for your kin to have age regression?
I have a kin, and whenever I kinshift them, if there is a storm I seem to age regress to a younger version of them. Now, if kins can age regress, I at least know it has to do with their past. If not, I don't know what's wrong with me, seeing as how it only happens during that kinshift in specific ^^;

Dinocanid

Apr 19, 2020
Bones
🦴7.38BN
Pronouns
Masculine
I haven't experienced different ages in the same kintype, but my wolf kintype is perpetually pup-like due to dying pretty young (about 1 year old I think)

Vintage

Dec 27, 2018
Bones
🦴1.50BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I don't see this too often when people describe their shifts, however if you do  believe in past lives, and psychological imprints...perhaps your kintype had suffered a trauma at a certain age related to storms. Psychologically no different than traumas we face in current times as they can cause the same type of regression you speak of. 

Lopori

Nov 1, 2018
Bones
🦴15.33BN
Pronouns
I've heard of kin who are a puppy or kitten as opposed to an adult dog or cat, so I wouldn't say it was out of the question.

DemiTrix

Apr 11, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
I don't see this too often when people describe their shifts, however if you do  believe in past lives, and psychological imprints...perhaps your kintype had suffered a trauma at a certain age related to storms. Psychologically no different than traumas we face in current times as they can cause the same type of regression you speak of. 
Ah, actually I do believe this kin might've been a past life! And it would make sense, as he experienced some pretty... uh... Bad times in his imprisonment. He is generally afraid of storms, due to what happened to him during them. So maybe it was imprinted on to me?? I have noticed that I've been afraid of storms recently...

Anomaly

Oct 30, 2018
Bones
🦴7.02BN
Pronouns
Other
Swan: Quick note that the word "kinning" is slightly taboo 

Although we haven't seen it discussed in depth, we have heard of kintypes being tied into age regression and someone who age regresses also feeling their kintype regress with them. We have also heard of a similar  with people who are kin to a young animal for one reason or another, or who have a younger fictotype. I think it's also possible for psychological kintypes to be directly tied to age regression. 

kandifroot

Jul 9, 2020
Bones
🦴1.02BN
Pronouns
Masculine
I don’t know if this is similar but I have a few kins that are something like this! When I shift to that kin, I often end up age regressing as well. One of the kins is a child so I guess that plays a part but the other, I don’t know why.

Kieran

Jan 26, 2019
Bones
🦴9.25BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I think I may age regress due to trauma stuff/mental illness as a coping mechanism and I don't think it's anything like, caused by my kintypes, but because I always feel dog to some extent, I feel puppyish in this state, especially if I'm extra shifty for whatever reason. I feel like I more "puppy shit" than age regress, tbh. I normally will just feel general "dog" but sometimes I'll have canine age regressions.

But yeah, what everyone else said! I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.