Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Carnivore snacks

SmokedVultures

They/Them
Anyone have ideas for food that emulates raw meat? The only thing I can think of is Jerky or sushi but I don't have either of those right now. I want to monch and cronch : /

Hikiko

Asexual Pride
Therianthrope
Fictionkin
Any/All
Lasagna kind of reminds me of guts, and you can always cook a cornish game hen and eat it (bonus points for no-hands challenge!) Raw broccoli also satisfies me for some reason.

Duumy

Otherkin
Plural
She/Her
My people consume mainly processed and prepared meats, so I may not have the greatest input here.

But I do enjoy surimi sticks* (fake crab meat) a lot. They do invoke the sensation of raw meat for me personally.
I find the combination of the firm texture and cold fishy meat very pleasing. It is something I never get sick of. Especially with just a bit of soy sauce.

So I imagine that eating surimi sticks plain might please carnivorous eating instincts on maybe at least some levels.

I might be assuming though and apologize, if it is the case.

I do enjoy eating meat a great deal, but I do lack any of the more feral urges some beings experience.

*When I can, I try to pick them up at our local Korean import store, as a big frozen pack there costs just as
much as the unpleasingly small sized ones they sell at the regular supermarkets.

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
It/Its
This answer is kinda gross, but hey eatin' fresh animals isn't clean anyways. But I once watched a video of a guy trying different recipes from a subreddit where people post food that looks not great... and one of them he described as having a 'fleshy' skin, and he felt like he was 'biting off the head of an animal' if he was blindfolded. The recipe in question? Cold can soup wrapped in a ricepaper "burrito". I'm sure you can substitute the filling with whatever red mess you want, but the ricepaper was key as its a pale translucent color and when slightly dampened it has a chew to it like the thin flesh of a small animal.

I can't find the specific video, nor am I interested in trying this out myself... But I hope you find this info useful!

Hanami

Mercat
Otherkin
Conceptkin
Gun
They/Them
This isn't really an emulation of raw meat like beef, but if you are interested in the prospect of eating something that still has a face on it, softshell crab is the way to go. It's one of my go-tos because I like to pretend that my teeth are still sharp enough to regularly pierce tough exoskeletons like that.

Hikiko

Asexual Pride
Therianthrope
Fictionkin
Any/All
Adding on to what @Hanami said, you could technically just eat crab. Especially if you're an animal that slurps or cracks exoskeletons to get to its food. I'm not even a creature that does that and the sensation of using my teeth and tongue to get at something edible is immensely satisfying. It's like a treat puzzle! I don't even use the tools you would normally use, I just gnaw along a leg until I find a weak spot and carefully bite down. I wouldn't recommend this if you have sensitive or easily injured teeth, but by the time I smell crab I'm too deep in a mental shift to have the fine motor skills required to use that damn tiny fork lol