Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Catering your living space to a therian lifestyle

moby

Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
hello! I haven’t seen much talk about this topic specifically, so I just wanted to see if anyone else had/has any similar experiences with this.

have you ever made any modifications to your home/living space to accommodate to a therian lifestyle? this includes things like decoration, accessibility, etc.

it would also be incredibly beneficial to list the kintype that the modifications are catered to for the sake of clarity, but it’s not required. thank you for listening!

Finna Alsvartr

Wolf-Mermaid-Demon Thing
Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Yes yes yes! My family is actually Asatru (meaning we follow the Old Norse traditions and religious aspects) so there is a LOT of wolf imagery, as well as ravens and dragons (I'm a ravenkith). The house itself is huge and therefore kind of lends itself to running around and crawling on all fours. We also have three dogs, who function as my pack.

As for demonkin, my room is dark and faces the east so it gets darkest the fastest. I have lots of dark decorations and a few almost-occult symbol looking items in my room. My favorite is a metal sculpture of a hand resting on a small inkwell with a fake fountain pen in it. I use said fountain pen as my witchcraft athame. I collect historically-themed items as my demon self lived during past historical periods (I express it to my family as a desire to be a historical reenactor as a hobby when I'm older). Those are just a few.

moby

Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
I know this is my own post, but I want to add some modifications I’ve made to my own living space to accommodate my kintype!!

the biggest thing I’ve done for my housecat kintype is refurbish my bed into a closed-in ‘nest’ of sorts. I actually have a loft bed, but I found that I felt entirely exposed while so high up and completely uncovered. before I decided on my final sleeping place, I actually slept in a cramped closet. for my current sleeping place, I emptied out the area under my bed and threw in a few mattresses, pillows, blankets, and an assortment of other soft items to sleep with. then, I finished it off by surrounding the area with black-out curtains! sometimes, I’ll keep water and packaged non-perishable food in or around my nest for convenience as well. it works great for me!!

I’ve also modified a large part of my home to accommodate both me and my cat friends aesthetic-wise under the guise of it being entirely for the other cats. plenty of cat-related decorations and accessories here! cat trees, climbing shelves, soft pillows/cat beds in almost every room...sooo good. although my family probably despises me for it lol

Ninetails

Pronouns
Neutral
I used to beleive I was a wolf and collected a LOT of wolf stuff during that time, so my whole room is wolf themed, which I still love. I feel spiritually connected to wolves and they are also a copinglink.

I also have fake plants around my room to make it feel more like a forest, which helps me feel at home.

Back when I was in college, I used to have the bottom bunk of a bunk bed. I would hang blankets from the top to make a sort of cave/den which was really nice. Unfortunately I don't have a bunk bed anymore so can't do that anymore :(