Catholic. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Catholic.

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by mynameisagnes, Jul 29, 2016.

1. mynameisagnes

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ23.04
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Unlike buddism, catholic doesn't have a body, we are a BODY.

I, body, spirit are the same one. We think, we do, and we are the same as actions.

Also catholic religion isn't based on humans, it is based on God.

It's centeral theroy is all about God and Jesus...

And Pope John Paul II said animals do have souls.. hope that's a good news for our community.

• What is this? I don't even... What is this? I don't even... x 2
  2. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ0.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Hi agnes! (Hope you don't mind if I abbreviate!)

For those here who believe (or at least listen to) Catholic doctrine, I'm sure that was an interesting and welcome bit of news. I'm Christian, but I'm not Catholic, so I'm curious what you mean when you say that your body and your spirit are the "same one." 1 Corinthians 15:37 talks a bit about how the body we have now will not be the body we have in the resurrection (a theme repeated a few times in the New Testament), so unless there's some way to separate the spirit and the body we have now, I don't understand how in your belief system we can have the same spirit and a new body later on. Can you elaborate?

Also, I'm not sure what your intent was with your initial comparison between Buddhism and Catholicism. I don't know how many Buddhists and Catholics we have here, but with due respect to the beliefs of others, what were you trying to say?

• Like Like x 2
  3. mynameisagnes

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ23.04
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Oh..that is what I have learnt in theory training session, I think the father mentioned it because he is worried about a few who may have practiced buddism meditation. Buddism meditarion is like, dividing ourselves from experience and thoughts. Those kinds of meditation are also practiced in new age, so I think he was worried about it. Sorry for the confusion.. love and luck!
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh my bad.. mind equals to the body but not the spirit... we say we hope your health for the spirit and body...they are different T.T

#3 mynameisagnes, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ0.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thanks for the clarification!

I think meditation has its uses. Paul talked about how all things were permitted for him, but how he refused to be brought under the control of anything. He was specifically talking about food, alcohol... things of that sort, but I think the same ideas can apply here - be it meditation, otherkinity, video games, whatever.

As for concern for those who practice Buddhism or... well, anything else, really, that choice is theirs. To say we're "worried" about them implies that we know they are making mistakes, and that's just not the case. We all believe the way we do because we think it's correct; just like our therianthropy, we believe what we believe, but aside from a sacred text or two, none of us really has any concrete evidence that one way is more correct than any other. I just wanted you to be aware that the way you compared Buddhism to Christianity sounds a little condescending, and that will turn people off to anything you have to say pretty quickly.

No worries about the confusion, though! So long as questions can be asked and people can have a dialogue, it's all good.