• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Chat With Me!

ElleWulf

Edit: Apparently there’s an introductions thread! So I posted my intro there.

...so instead, I’m turning this into a thread where I can get to know you all. I’ve been in the community for a long time but am only now getting around to Kinmunity! Wanted to introduce myself, as I am the lead admin in the new unofficial discord. But yeah! DM me if you wanna chat, but for this thread, introduce yourself and tell me some cool things about you! What’s your kintypes? Favorite hobbies? 🐾

Last edited by a moderator:

Amber_101

Hi! I recently joined the Kinmunity and I'm still discovering all of my Kintypes. So far I've discovered I am wolfkin and elfkin. As for my hobbies, I'm a bit of an introvert so I love reading, writing, and walks in the woods. Anyone else?

ElleWulf

@Amber_101 Hi there, welcome to Kinmunity. It’s nice to meet you!

I personally love writing and hiking as well - not much of a reader though, sadly. I would if I didn’t have ADHD.  :Embarassed:

Amber_101

@ElleWulf it's nice to meet you too! I'm sorry you don't get to read much due to your ADHD. If it 's any consolation, I haven't picked up a book in months. I have a really short attention span 😬

ElleWulf

@Amber_101 It’s not all that bad, luckily! But thank you ~  :ClosedGrin:  And I have the same issue. My ADHD pretty much results in lack of attention span, so we relate there! Do you have a favorite book or series?

BreadCat

I like reading my encyclopedias they have nice big pictures for my scatterbrained self. I have zero attention span and the pictures keep me occupied. 

Amber_101

@ElleWulf  your welcome! 😊 And yes, I have tons of books I love but mainly: Percy Jackson series, Harry Potter, Twilight (it was a phase), Children of Blood and Bone, and Eon. Eon was a book about dragons and I love dragons! Do you have a favorite book or maybe a favorite movie/TV show?

ElleWulf

@BreadCat That’s neat! My partner has a collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other books like that!

@Amber_101 TBF, my mom forced me to watch every Twilight movie as a kid, so it’s nostalgic for me.  :GrinandWiggle:  I always liked the Warriors and Goosebumps books growing up, but I don’t really read anymore lol. In terms of movies and shows, any werewolf movie is a good movie, haha. An American Werewolf in London is a longtime favorite along with The Howling, Dog Soliders, Ginger Snaps, and others.

I’m real picky about shows - my two favorites are InuYasha and Turn. They differ quite a lot - one being an anime and another a historical drama based on the Amrev.  :eek:.0: But I love history, and InuYasha’s just a good show I guess? xD

Amber_101

@ElleWulf  OMG same! I love watching werewolf movies and shows. I'm obsessed with Wolfbloods and Teen Wolf. And I'm glad you feel that way about Twilight, I get a lot of hate for liking it. And I also love history too.

ElleWulf

@Amber_101 Oh nice, seems we have a lot in common! What’s your favorite part of history to study?

@Kerguelen I’m autistic and InuYasha happens to be my special interest, haha. xD I’ve been into the show since the 4th grade. Just hasn’t left me, lol.

ElleWulf

@Amber_101 Easily the colonial period in America. I will admit I am very invested in the people rather than events, but anything American Revolution I will consume. Except Hamilton. I do not like Hamilton.  :Laugh:  I do like shows like Turn, John Adams HBO, the George Washington miniseries, so on so forth. Liberty’s Kids even slaps. 
Another equally interesting historical figment to study is the history behind cryptozoology, urban legends and anything of the sorts. Also ties into my Amrev obsession a bit, since one of my favorite historical figures (Marquis De Lafayette, who was in the war favoring America’s side) claimed he was there for the Beast of Gevaudan incident back when he was a child between 1764 - 1767!

So yeah. Anything Amrev or spooky stuff.

Lacuna

Hello, welcome to Kinmunity! 

I myself haven’t been on here for very long, but nonetheless, it is always fun to meet other Therian/Otherkin folks. I am a Cat Therian, and although i am unsure of what breed i am, i just prefer to see myself as a black cat. I dont care to find out the breed, but if i find out later on, then that would be neat. I am currently also questioning the Kitsune, after having identified as a Red Fox for over 4 to 5 months, and i am still unsure if Kitsune fits. 

It is nice to meet you ❤️

ElleWulf

@Lacuna Hey there, welcome! It’s so nice to meet you too. I myself am werecoyote and bengal tiger kin and have been in the community for a long time now. It’s awesome to see new members. 🐾

So what hobbies do you have? And favorite interests?

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Hi, I'm Pearl! I'm an ink being, and I hail from the universe of popular horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine. 

I like to draw and play video games

Nice to meet you! 

ElleWulf

@InkyDaily Hi Pearl, it’s nice to meet you too! Seems we both have art and video games in common.  :Love:  What’s your favorite subject to draw? Do you prefer digital or traditional?