Con-versation | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Con-versation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gryff, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    Yes, every thread title will be either a pun or a reference to something, thanks for asking [emoji1]

Anyone going to/gone to any conventions this year? We're in the season for it. I've already been to the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), which was a blast. I got to meet the main (English) voice actors for Dragon Ball Z, among other fun stuff. Coming up in July I've got Anime Midwest (probably the best convention in the Chicago area) and Gencon (the world's biggest tabletop gaming convention). How about you guys?

2. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,048.73
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    If I had the time and the money to go to conventions, there are plenty I would go to. PAX, A-Kon and really any gaming, electronics or anime related convention.

3. outcasted animal

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    The one I helped staff ended up shutting down. Plus I didn't know if I was going to end up helping anymore any way after what happened last year. I would have tried out Glass City Con but that group was posting on Facebook plans for that one and I'd really not want to run into them. I have one guy trying to get me to go to ColossalCon, said he would even pay for my ticket, but I find that one boring.

4. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I've been to Mtac this year, sadly looks like the only con I'll be able to go to, but I came back with plenty plushies so I'm ok with it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jasper RavenSong

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Actually next week I'll be heading out to OMGcon, I'll even be cosplaying a 'human' version of Toothless ^^

6. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Sounds fun, Jasper :)

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but I like to cosplay as my original character. He's a sith lord with blue wolf-like ears and a tail named Darth Fluffy. :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jasper RavenSong

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Dude that would be awesome XD Im also cosplaying an OC fantroll from the web comic series Homestuck, I get to get away finally growling & purring away as I please- that's what I love the most~

8. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    You'd fit in great at Anime Midwest then. Seriously, it's going to be the best this year. Various famous anime voice actors, Billy West, Team Four Star, and Brentalfloss will all be there. I'm psyched.

• Like Like x 2
  9. klawl

klawl Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I've gone to three different cons so far wearing the armor I posted on the selfie thread, and there's going to be one in July that I plan to attend in full kit, and hopefully I'll have my new helmet crafted and painted by then so I can wear it.
    ~Alorad

10. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I live a few miles from ComicCon, but I've never been.

Most of my Cons are in Baltimore, one way or another. Otakon and MagFest are the ones that I am frequently able to attend. I always go with Collegemates however. It's no fun if you don't have a large throng of your fellows to go with.

I really need to make my way down to a BronyCon. Those are some of the friendliest Cons you'd ever see. Jinkies.