Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Confusion Regarding the Rules

tord

Pronouns
Masculine
'Further, you agree not to post copyrighted material that doesn't belong to you,' This is an excerpt from your Terms and Rules. If I may enquire, would one be prohibited from using a screenshot of Tord from Eddsworld as their profile picture? It is a concern of mine because while I may be questioning my identity as an individual, I am wondering whether or not it is worth it to infringe on another's copyright. Days ago, I had asked the artist, Paul Ter Voorde (the animator for the episodes The End Part 1 and The End Part 2 in Eddsworld) if I am allowed to use his drawings of Tord as my profile picture. I have not received a response as of yet. For now, until I receive a response from him, I feel I will only use my own artwork so I am not in violation of any copyright laws. My apologies, I am somewhat conflicted on what to do.

Solution
Hello,

There should be no issue with using such things as profile photos, as that would be considered fair use. The main issue is with people uploading copyrighted artwork to the gallery and claiming it as their own, which is absolutely not allowed.

2-D

Fictionkin
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Oh, I didn't catch this one. I'd like to know as well. I think sometimes using art from copyrighted material as a profile picture falls under fair use.

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Feminine
Hello,

There should be no issue with using such things as profile photos, as that would be considered fair use. The main issue is with people uploading copyrighted artwork to the gallery and claiming it as their own, which is absolutely not allowed.

Solution

tord

Pronouns
Masculine
Hello,

Thank you!