Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

could animals be otherkin?

astralnep

Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
first off, an apology in advance for any typos i make. im writing this in school!

i know this sounds like a stupid question, but do you think that nonhuman animals could be otherkin? i know theyre probably not smart enough to know what psychology, reincarnation or connections to other animals are, but it seems like a cool thing to think about! like, what if there were rabbitkin wolves?? or maybe birdkin monkeys or something?? im just bored in class lol

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
If one takes the conclusions reached in the whole of "otherness" to its conceptual extreme, what one realizes is that everyone and everything is part of the great cycle, the circle, and that one goes from one to the next form and being for that stead. Sometimes one goes up into "higher" states of being, sometimes one goes "down", the aether or the nether, or ends up where we are here in the middle world between.

Which is all to say, all of these things go together and are in various states of form, but meaningfully? As in it matters to those creatures? No, because animals have no need to be aware of this, it simply is not their place to need to be worried about it - they are comfortable and knowing in their role within the cycle. It is the human one that is where trouble arises, as in this life it is easy to be lost and forget ourselves - to not realize we are dreaming, living the illusion. It is why it is so powerful in one sense, at the very least, to go up or down in the mind or soul or emotional being.

FoxyAnimations

Otherhearted
Shadow Dog
Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I don't really think so. A non-human animal would defiantly not understand otherkinity/therianthropy and do not need to, they already have their role in nature, and basically expect it-like what Red-in-tooth said, y'know?

FoxyAnimations

Otherhearted
Shadow Dog
Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I think they can be, spiritually, but not be aware due to their neurological restrictions.
Now that I think about it, you seem right.

I can defiantly see, let's say, a dog having the soul of a domestic cat or some other feline, but not being aware because of as you said, neurological restrictions.

But them being physiological? No, it seems obvious not XD.

So it's a yes and no answer basically..