Creature Collection Games

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
Does anyone like Creature Training/Taming/Collecting Games? And I don't just mean Pokémon but things like Monster Rancher, Yo-kai Watch, Bakugan, Beyblade and Digimon. If so, what are your favorite ones?

These sorts of games are one of my favorite "genera" of video games and collectibles but I feel like it's such an underappreciated thing with Pokémon being one of the most if not only dominating series. I know it used to be a immense thing back in the day and currently the mobile industry is pretty much thriving on Pokémon knock offs and other titles based on collecting and training beasts, which I enjoy. There are games like  Temtem that I've been anticipating its release for a while. Apparently it will be coming out for pretty much every system based on their kickstarter page later this year.

82c0da3412697ca98116991c13cc1256_original.gif

ArchieAce

Sep 25, 2018
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
I have and play many pokemon games. I've played/owned (Including Spinoffs):

• Pokepark Wii
  • Diamond
  • Platinum
  • Black
  • Black 2
  • X
  • Omega Ruby
  • Moon
Diamond and OR have the most amount of playtime. I've played fangames such as Uraniam, Prism and one of my favourites, pokemon Insurgence.

I also collect trading cards. I have a deck full of rare EX's, GX's and full art cards that amount to about.... 300 dollars? Not as impressive as some collections, but that pile of cardboard is my childhood and is cherished.

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
I have and play many pokemon games. I've played/owned (Including Spinoffs):

• Pokepark Wii
  • Diamond
  • Platinum
  • Black
  • Black 2
  • X
  • Omega Ruby
  • Moon
Diamond and OR have the most amount of playtime. I've played fangames such as Uraniam, Prism and one of my favourites, pokemon Insurgence.

I also collect trading cards. I have a deck full of rare EX's, GX's and full art cards that amount to about.... 300 dollars? Not as impressive as some collections, but that pile of cardboard is my childhood and is cherished.
Ah, cool ^_^

Yeah, I have 100s of dollars worth of Skylanders that I accumulated over the years back when Skylanders was trending. Sadly the series seems to be dead at this point until they decide on making a new game (that isn't mobile). The only things keeping it somwhat alive is the animated adaptation, Skylanders Academy and the new mobile game, Skylanders: Ring of Heroes (which I may try out in the future).

Anomaly

Oct 30, 2018
Florida
pluralanomaly.neocities.org
Bones
🦴0.25BN
Pronouns
Other
We actually own a good chunk of the Pokemon games, we just don't have all of the variants and most of the newer games or gen 1 games haha 

I've been meaning to check out other games for awhile now but we've never gotten around to it, I think the only one we've played is Magi Nation

-{Iros} (Demigod + Fictionkin) 

B

BlackStatic

Unverified
I think my feelings for the franchise speak for themselves.

There's also a soft spot for Flight Rising in there as well, though I guess it would count as more of a pet site than a creature collection game? Though it does have creature collection elements to it.

Last edited:

Sapphire

Mar 14, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
Our system is basically semiprofessional players on pokefarm, a pokemon collecting online game. I used to have neko atsume but there's not much to do once you've gotten everything - it's not interactive at all. I also used to have viridi (plants, not animals, but also collecting) but you need to pay to get more pots so I got kinda bored. Currently my only other collecting game is zen koi, which is pretty fun (and pretty)