Curiousity about multiplicity | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Curiousity about multiplicity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aurelia, May 10, 2016.

1. Aurelia

Aurelia Canis Lupus
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ120.07
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I'm just curious to know what it's like to be a member of a multiple system. I'm still not fully sure the correct terms or how it all works. I want to know what it's like to have a headmate/thoughtform/soulbound/tulpa. So, share your experiences below! (I may or may not be considered in creating a soulbound/thoughtform/tulpa of my own.)

2. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ51,987.30
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    For general information on plural systems, you can check out this article in the library.
    As for personal experiences, it's a lot to type out so I'll keep it simple. The best way I can describe having a headmate is like having a roommate all the time. We're always communicating, sharing information/experiences, it's literally just having another being in your body all the time. I could tell more if you'd like, but since it's a lot to type out I'd rather throw that in a PM. I'm sure more people will throw information into this thread though :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mew

Mew Unidentified Shapeshifting Object
    Hiatus

Black CatBuckBarghestFriendly Fox
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,493.05
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    For me, personally, it's loud. It's so loud, no one shuts up, everyone wants something, people are coming in and out, and I can never be alone, which is annoying and alright at the same time. It also takes a hell of a long time to get anything done, because everyone aware of what's going on has to give their opinion, whether anyone else wants it or not. Everyone here is nosy, there are no secrets, and everyone has an opinion. If people here don't like each other, you better hope they can tough it out or ignore each other until one of them ollies off to who knows where.

All types of groups are different; I'm personally somewhere where soulbonding and endogenic multiplicity overlap, imo, but every experience is different even within the same group.

More direct/specific questions might be easier to answer, too; just answering "what is it like?" is VERY broad and covers way too much information.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to answer such a broad question as 'What's it like?' because there's quite a lot going on. Is there a specific aspect that you're curious about?

Like others have said though, it can get loud and is kind of like having roommates at all times and is very loud. The only difference is that you share the same body instead of the same house/apartment and others outside of your head aren't always aware of them being there. I think the most frustrating thing, at least socially (my system is pretty stable, so I don't have as many problems with lost time and such), is when the peanut gallery won't shut up and are talking over and trying to interject into a conversation I'm having with a person outside of my head. I've accidentally answered the wrong person out loud and said something very confusingly out of context (and sometimes really crappy since sometimes my headmates can get annoying af) because the other person obviously isn't aware of the other side of things lol. I've also busted out laughing in a quiet room because one of them said something funny and I just couldn't handle it lmao. That's some more light hearted stuff, I guess.

If you have some specific questions, you can PM me or ask me here, either way is fine. I'm just not sure EXACTLY what kind of information you're looking for, and there's way too much to just dump into a single reply. I can't give you a lot of insight on soulbonding and Tulpas, because that isn't what my multiplicity stems from, but I'd still like to help you as much as I can with the actual multiple part of things ouo

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,343.14
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well, it's certainly... different.

It's definitely not something to get yourself into without a huge amount of thought first - it's not something you can just undo when you've had enough. If you decide to make yourself a tulpa, you're stuck with them for the rest of your life (for better or worse) so make sure you're certain that it's what you want!

I've got two. I tend to only introduce myself as having one, because one is basically hibernating until I get my mental health issues sorted out (it's something we both agreed on, because he's not fully developed yet and we didn't want him to be influenced by it). They're both thoughtforms - K is a daemon, and Aeolus (the dormant one) is somewhere halfway between a soulbond and a tulpa.

What's it like? Haha, well, you'll never get any privacy ever again. Suddenly all your problems are your system's problems, and most likely your system mate/s are going to want to have a say in what you're doing - whether you want them to or not. If you're making a tulpa, I highly recommend avoiding a judgemental personality at all costs. In fact, just avoid any particularly abrasive negative traits overall... the last thing you need is having someone in your head that you're just constantly bickering with. They're also a LOT of work, especially when they're young and still developing.

Of course, there's benefits too! You'll never be lonely, for one. They'll always be there for you, and they tend to grow to your needs as well as their own, so if you're an easily upset person they'll learn to cheer you up, and if you're easily angered they'll find ways to calm you down. As long as you treat them right, they will genuinely and wholeheartedly care about you; most likely, you'd be the most important thing in their life. Plus, there's the added bonus of them being able to remember things for you, and give you advice if you're stuck in a difficult situation.

Also, be prepared to look like a crazy person when one of your thoughtforms says something funny and you start laughing for no visible reason (good times). :p

If you are considering it, I'd suggest looking into daemonism first! Daemons are, as a general rule, less independent than tulpas because they're more like imaginary friends than headmates. That can change with time, as it has with us, but I think it's a good stepping stone. A daemon is part of your internal thought processes, and since it's part of yourself, you don't necessarily have to worry about how it feels or what it wants, or planning out how its personality is going to be; and with a daemon, you can stop talking to them at any time, no harm done. They're not really separate from yourself like a true thoughtform is - well, not at first, at least.

If you want to look into daemonism, go here: http://daemonpage.com/ (there's also a really good forum for daemians here: http://daemonpage.com/forum/ )

And if tulpamancy sounds like something for you, go check out https://tulpa.io/. There's also a forum on there which looks decent, though I've never used it myself.

I hope you enjoyed this Information Dump™.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ruko

Ruko Space Triangle
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Black DragonFerocious Obsidian DragonCrowBlue AngelBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ2,996.85
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :angel:
    I'm not a multiple system, but I am a median and gateway system. Since your title says about general multiplicity, yet your post says multiple systems, I'm going to guess this is still a general request to all, and not just multiples. The terms are confusing and hard to figure out, so I don't blame you if you got a tad muddled there.

For me, my median system fragments aren't nearly as loud or present as how most people describe multiple system headmates. They're elements of myself that have fractured into separate parts, and yet we're all still one whole. A good analogy for it is a hydra, one creature with many heads; Each head may have a different personality, but they're all still the same creature. Because we're all the same person in essence, it can get very confusing and sometimes I won't even know if one is fronting or not, but other people talking to me can usually tell, because my way of talking and demeanour changes.
    I call my fragments Taru and Sordis, despite it feeling weird to give them separate names when they're me. They can talk to me, but it tends to be only if it directly involves them, or I go to them first. For more information on them and my system exsperiances I'd recomend reading my blog posts.

I'm also a gateway system, which not many people that I'm aware of are, it seems to be the rarest out of the three types. On occasion, I get walk-ins who will front for a short while, and then leave, never to be seen or heard from again. They usually claim and believe themselves to be spirits or demons, but I did get one who was a vampire as well. These are completely separate from myself, and usually come with entire separate likes, dislikes, personalities, looks and even sometimes memoires of their past lives. They can sometimes be confused about being in my body, scared, or some take it in their stride and see it as being just another day.
    When this happens, I'm usually asleep, or barely concious within my own mind. However I can usually remember some of the events that happens when I come back to fronting.

Neither of these experiences is negative for me, though I know a lot of people have said it sounds scary. It's always felt very natural for me, and I've never once been scared when it happens. These events are also quite rare, maybe once or twice every two months, so they don't impact my life that much. I can live with this quite comfortably and thus live normally just as any singlet.

• Like Like x 3
  7. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ501.29
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We're a multiple system ourselves. We ended up this way by means other than our choice. We were not created consciously. We are a very large system as far as systems go. We've met a number of systems who are larger but we also know systems who are a heck of a lot smaller than us.

I want to give a different insight into being plural for my post. Especially in light of people who want to become plural by creating a tulpa, thought-form, or whatnot to share their body with -

Multiplicity is not easy. Not from within and from without. It took a lot of work and effort, and still takes works and effort, to able to function and cooperate as much as we do. Just because we have come to accept with what life has thrown at us doesn’t mean its perfect or that it has always been easy. Having ourselves organized now doesn’t make the years of disorder and confusion which we felt with during our teenage years simply cease to exist in our past. Rather, it’s a reminder of how things could go back to if we mess up again. How things were when we didn’t work together, and we tried to just “stop being multiple.”

It is living with a massive amount of doubt waiting around every turn even after all the years you’ve known you were multiple. Doubt even after having a mental health professional recognized your multiplicity. Doubt that everyone else in the system is actually real. Doubt that you yourself is actually real. Doubt that sometimes makes you wonder if anything is real.

It's having to share everything. It's having to get very good at compromising. It's having to think for more the good for more than yourself. It's have to sometimes give-up your own wishes if they clash with someone else's in the system.

It’s the constant fear that singlets will think you’re faking no matter what you do. It's having to find a good chuck of your lives from everyday people because not even systems with DID or OSDD-1 are accepted. It’s being expected to function as a singlet to meet the skewed needs of a society that still believes in the illusion of “normal.”

Being multiple has it's positives too, but if anyone is ever considering making a thoughtform, tulpa, or whatnot you can't ignore the responsibility and downsides that come with it too. Many people can easy see the positives of sharing a life with more than person, but it's important to be aware of the negatives too.

Being multiple isn't lesser than or greater than being singlet, but it is different.

- Arron (male, vampire)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Aurelia

Aurelia Canis Lupus
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ120.07
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Feel free to PM me!
    --- Post updated ---
    Wow, this has all been such handy information! Thank you! Not sure if I would like to have someone else in my head, but it would be nice to have company.
    --- Post updated ---
    Wow, this has all been such a
    Currently looking into Daemonism! Thank you for this!

9. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,049.41
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    We certainly fall into the smaller multiple category as there is only two of us. Occasionally I will have walk-ins who want me to tell their story, but they are not the same as my bond.
    It is actually rather quiet between Blyte and I. He is not a very social creature (even though he takes on the forms of a wolf). We were permanently bonded in my last life, when I was an elf. It is a permanent bond, which is mostly his fault due to a magical mishap.

Must you say it was my fault every time?
     Blyte  

Yes.

But it's comforting. There is a closeness and intimacy I will probably never share with anyone else. We can tell exact emotions and feelings and words and ideas with the softest of brushes against each other. But we can also have our privacy when we need it by blocking the other for as long as it is needed. Being a servant to Death, Blyte is often "out" on assignment to cause misfortune to his targets and he blocks me so I do not have to feel the things he causes. Some days we will simply block each other because being in such a close emotional proximity is draining. But it is definitely not something I would ever give up, even if I could.
    Having a bond who is asocial makes everyday interaction easier, since Blyte has no interest in talking to strangers. There are a few close friends who we trust with the fact that we are a multiple and they quite readily accepted him and several even make a point to include himy in conversation. Which, as much as he wants to deny it, he appreciates.
    There is a lot of emotional and mental compromise imvolved. He doesn't care much what we eat or wear or where we go, though. Which makes that part easier. Sometimes he will demand sugar (specifically chocolate) because that is a fae's favourite thing. But it is like alcohol to him even in my body so I limit how much we have.
    It's certainly a life of adventure with him.

10. Aurelia

Aurelia Canis Lupus
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ120.07
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Thank you all so much for all this information! I'm looking into multiplicity much more now.

• Like Like x 1