Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Daily Thought

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
I went to my four month top surgery follow up today. Functionally, I'm very happy with the result, my sore shoulders and pinched nerve has gotten much better. But, cosmetically, not as much. The scars are doing fine, but one side seems a little caved in like they took too much off. I'm going back in two months for the six month follow up, and we'll see what the options are for fixing it and whether or not I think it's worth doing.

But the thought is that I was getting "ma'am"ed and "miss"ed the whole time I was there. I'm genderfluid so they were only half wrong, but that's still half wrong, and it felt more wrong the more they did it. Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to correct people or not, afterall, I was only going to be in there for a few minutes and not see those people again for a few months. And there is no neutral equivalent for ma'am that I can direct them to use instead.

I sang in my new and improved (sort of), masculine voice all the way home in the car. Most of the time I go the whole day without thinking about gender. This is not one of those days.

Raikoen

Pronouns
Masculine
I went to my four month top surgery follow up today. Functionally, I'm very happy with the result, my sore shoulders and pinched nerve has gotten much better. But, cosmetically, not as much. The scars are doing fine, but one side seems a little caved in like they took too much off. I'm going back in two months for the six month follow up, and we'll see what the options are for fixing it and whether or not I think it's worth doing.

But the thought is that I was getting "ma'am"ed and "miss"ed the whole time I was there. I'm genderfluid so they were only half wrong, but that's still half wrong, and it felt more wrong the more they did it. Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to correct people or not, afterall, I was only going to be in there for a few minutes and not see those people again for a few months. And there is no neutral equivalent for ma'am that I can direct them to use instead.

I sang in my new and improved (sort of), masculine voice all the way home in the car. Most of the time I go the whole day without thinking about gender. This is not one of those days.
I understand the feeling: not knowing whether I feel like correcting someone or not. I consider myself a transman, but at the same time I could also go with nonbinary as well. I don't dismiss anyone who does follow some sort of gender role, mixed or otherwise, but I often don't think that much about gender either. I am who I am, and that is a predominantly masculine presence with some feminine mixed in based on my natural characteristics given at birth.

I had top surgery a few years ago and while I do not regret that choice, I also do not feel the need to further alter my body. Hence nonbinary and/or androgynous resonates with me, if that makes any sense. I sometimes debate on getting myself some of the nice shawl-like clothing a friend of mine gets. But then I chicken out because I don't want to be ma'am-ed either. So, I get it ^^;;;;

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Being a person is hard. Adulting is hard. So many expectation, so many bills... never enough money no matter how hard you work.
I’ll push through. I’ll always push through.

Anyone else craving cheese?

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Staff member
Guardian
Pronouns
Neutral
So Bendy managed to lose the damn hedgehog last night. managed to track it down and return it unharmed. this was at like. 11 at night. Apparently he left the thing in its pouch on my bed and it wandered off.

Bendy I love you but HOW

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
So Bendy managed to lose the damn hedgehog last night. managed to track it down and return it unharmed. this was at like. 11 at night. Apparently he left the thing in its pouch on my bed and it wandered off.

Bendy I love you but HOW
You...you have a hedgehog? Pics or it didn't happen lol

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
I am a fan of salamander with memories as a child finding them near creeks, thorny dragons and of course the komodo dragon!
I like newts, they just have a nice species name 🦎
As you are a fan of the name, myself being a language nerd.. I see the original name was 'ewte', and somewhere in middle English people mistakenly interpreted "an ewte" as "a newte" and the name stuck!

A similar thing happened 'adder', the snake was originally called 'naddere' and 'a naddere' turned to 'an adder'. This is called rebracketting.

mycelium

Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I am a fan of salamander with memories as a child finding them near creeks, thorny dragons and of course the komodo dragon!

As you are a fan of the name, myself being a language nerd.. I see the original name was 'ewte', and somewhere in middle English people mistakenly interpreted "an ewte" as "a newte" and the name stuck!

A similar thing happened 'adder', the snake was originally called 'naddere' and 'a naddere' turned to 'an adder'. This is called rebracketting.
I did not know that!! The name fact is utterly delightful and I find it quite interesting, and the memory and lizards you chose to share are splendid as welll ^^

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I am a huge fan of de snek. I love snakes and wish I could have one

One time had three little hermit crabs, I also like axolotls.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
I used to live in central Texas where there were anoles everywhere. They're cute little things that can change between brown and green. I remember catching them as a kid.

Now I'm in West Texas, and here we have spotted brown geckos that hang on the windows at night to hunt. Lots of other lizard species wandering around too. Some are long and have blue tails.

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I used to live in central Texas where there were anoles everywhere. They're cute little things that can change between brown and green. I remember catching them as a kid.

Now I'm in West Texas, and here we have spotted brown geckos that hang on the windows at night to hunt. Lots of other lizard species wandering around too. Some are long and have blue tails.
I think the blue-tailed boi is a skink! I really want to see a Gila someday, maybe next time I'm in California

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I worked very much this week. Normally I work 25 hours per week, until now it was 35 hours and Friday isn't done yet. I could have worked less, but I want to finish my programming task on time, so whoever tests it doesn't get stressed and I've got enough time to correct potential bugs.
Post automatically merged:

I want to do this course so bad, but I don't know if I should pay: Diploma in Modern Demonology for Paranormal Investigators
If I use PayPal on this website my money is safe, right?
Also I hope that the information they provide is as good as the reviews say.

Last edited: