David Clement Davies | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

David Clement Davies

Discussion in 'Books, Music, & Art' started by Ormr Void, May 23, 2016.

1. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    In my first actually thread I would like to know if anyone else has read the works of this author.
    Namely the booked Firebringer and The Sight?
    I find they are very good at weaving tales of animals but within a more understandable frame work.
    Firebringer is a good story concerning a deer who can see through the eyes of others and speak to other species and this bucks journey to avoid tyrany at the hands of a hornless stag.
    The Sight is the same from the wolves perspective

2. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ527.92
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We've read most of his books. (The Sight, Fire Bringer, The Telling Pool, and Fell). We wish his book about polar bears had ever been published, but it never was.

We are a sucker for fantasy that has animal characters, so naturally his books The Sight and Fire Bringer are favorites. The Telling Pool is another well liked book for us though it doesn't involve animals as characters. Fell is also not bad, but it didn't really capture us like those books.

- Galatea (female, unicorn)

3. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    It is wonderful what you can stumble upon, actually I don't even recall how I came by the book in the first place (FireBringer) but I feel like taking it out and reading it again. I wish the animation of FireBringer was real as some of the character designs are good

4. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ527.92
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We came across The Sight first in either 2002 or 2003 (our copy is copyright 2002 and we know we had the book before 2004) while shopping with our mother. She was looking for ideas for Christmas presents and we came across that book and she had to weasel her way to get us to not want to buy the book right then and there so that she could buy the book for us as a gift. The year after that, the same thing occurred for Fire Bringer and some years after that The Telling Pool. Fell was the only book not given as a gift by our mother.

- Galatea (female, unicorn)

5. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    My my aren't you lucky *Chuckles*
    I almost lost the two books once when I lent it to a friend who nearly didn't return it.
    Man how they would've learnt not to betray a dragon if they had kept it