Demonkin Primer | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Demonkin Primer

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I do personally relate to this description, however that does not mean it is true. What do you think of this resource?

Source: Demonkin Primer

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Invisus

Invisus Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ7.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    ;)
    This was one of the things that helped me out initially. I also relate to it. However, a lot of the things are things that apply to non-demons and even non-kin, too so a lot of introspection and research beyond this should be done.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,996.61
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Personally, it looks like to me that every single "demon" trait they listed are just coincidental personality traits and archetypes that can be found in plenty of non-kin. And being otherkin doesn't give you extraordinary powers, no matter if you believe in metaphysics or not. Those "abilities" would also be coincidental traits that can be found in non-kin. Some things do seem legit, for instance, the inability to comprehend people as many otherkin seem to feel disconnected from other human beings on some level.

I don't particularly like this article and all other similar lists of "_____ kintype traits" for another reason. It is basically like a horoscope. If anyone were to happen upon this, confirmation bias would likely step in and try to rationalize any of these traits, which are quite universal, to fit them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I agree on the confirmation bias point. Frankly I don't think you can really generalize any kin type, but especially not one so vague and varied as this. I made a post a while back asking people to explain how they define demons, and everyone gave a different answer. If we can't even come to a consensus of what they are, we certainly can't apply certain traits to demon kin as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Invisus Yes sadly it does have high similarities to non-demonkin. Of course I believe everyone should dig deeper, not read this and go "Oh I'm a demon!" Which sadly... I'm sure some do.

@Grey I don't honestly know why they put in those super human traits. That didn't make sense to me personally. I don't have them and no demonkin I have talked to does either. I very much agree with your view point. Sadly it is one of the few only resources around and I might as well post it. Maybe I should take it down because of how missleading it is... look for quality not quantity.

@Gryff I think steriotyping is also playing into a key role of this. I don't like how a non-demonkin wrote this. Not to mention demonkin are hard to find as it is so, he could of wrote this after talking to one.

Over all the one I can't related to is the studyong humans thing. I don't really care for humans. I don't even care personally to know how to fit in and not totally stick out like a sore thumb. People will probably just think I'm weird or crazy or something. It's not like I run around screaming I'm a demon wearing costume parts or some crud though.
    I am territorial but only over my wife, house and electronics. So I'm not as bad as some.

6. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Yup. I did my best, but there are so many types of demon kin a definitive list is just... almost impossible.
    And I can relate to humans, but I feel vastly alienated from them, too. The vast majority of them seem like children to me, even when I was five or six years old. It can get incredibly frustrating trying not to talk down to people who are "25 years older than you."
    --- Post updated ---
    The territorial thing I'm going to say is legit, but it will be extreme territorial over CERTAIN THINGS. In my case if you touch my cell phone without my permission I will bite your head off, apologize about biting your head off, then explain to you that if you do it again I will STILL bite your head off again. I can't help it. Anything valuable... that I have for utilitarian purposes... I will lose my temper over very easily. Heaven forbid you break it, because I will bring hell down on your head.

That said, I am very open about sharing food and things such as that, and am always happy to cook for people. So it's important to realize that this is a trait that will apply to certain things, and vary from demon to demon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I'm just going to pop in and suggest we stay away from the "judging/relating to humans" topic for now...

8. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Probably for the best, yeah...

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Hahaha, same here. Minus my wife. She can touch them. Like we allow each other to go through our phones if we feel scared or paranoid or whatever. We got nothing to hide I just wish she'd tell me when she does. Last time she forgot to put it back on the charger :p. But I will share many other things with people depending on my trust level with them. Like I'm not loaning out a pair of jeans to someone I just met.

Ah sorry is that a no no?... *zips lips shut* :X

10. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.94
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Hmm... well, I wouldn't call it "accurate", but it was an interesting read if nothing else. For me personally, I relate strongly to some parts of it and not at all to others.

1. My emotions are the same as anyone elses', I'm just terrible at understanding them.
    2. Haha, yeah, very true, but that's something I got from my family, not my kintype!
    3. Very much so.
    4. Half true, half not. I'm actually quite perceptive when it comes to understanding how other people feel, but I still find myself intrigued by people's emotional reactions to things (including my own). And I do mimic. I mimic a lot. Though its not something I mean to do, it just... happens.
    5. Yes.
    6. Nope. That implies that someone is manipulative, and I'm just... not. At all.
    7. So very, very true.
    8. Haha, yeah. Nobody's touching my stuff. Or coming in my room. Though whether that's a demon thing or a wolf thing (or both [or a human thing]), I have no idea.
    9. I don't know? I'm not a social person. Doesn't matter whether the other person is demonkin or not, I'd still probably rather be alone.
    10. Yep, though I don't put that down to being demonkin.
    11. Haha, no, not at all. Everything I own is a mess. I'm so very disorganised. And wouldn't have it any other way!
    12. That's, uh... complicated.
    13. Possession? Umm, nope. Not even sure why I'd want to.
    14. Umm... no? That sounds kinda stalker-ish, if I'm honest.
    15. I have no idea.
    16. No, I'm warm and tactfully honest. Or, well, I can be blunt sometimes... depends on my mood, but I don't consider it normal for me.
    17. You could say that.
    18. Yes. Though I'll also get involved if someone I care about is affected by it, and sometimes if something goes against my personal ethics/morals.
    19. That's pretty much a defining part of my existence. Always protecting stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Not exactly, but the forum recently had a debate on the topic that really got out of hand.

12. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Yeah, honestly the primer seems more and more crazy the more I read it. I also have issues understanding my emotions and reading others. I go into details in the emotions thread under experinces. So I don't think the emotions being different is quite right, or it is and our bodies cant portray then right. Who knows. No ones understands the posession part either. Never met a demonkin who can do it. They just look at that like it's crazy.

@Gryff Oh gotcha. Sorry it just kinda came out. I'll do my best to restrain those kinds of things.

I'd write more but I'm getting tired.