Demonkin Traits | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Demonkin Traits

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Has anyone noticed any physical traits that you might attribute to being demonkin? Birthmarks, general appearance, or anything else.

The distinguishing feature I have always noticed about myself is my metabolism. Could also have something to do with my vampiric nature, but I can eat way more than my size would suggest and do not gain weight easily. Also have a naturally high tolerance for stimulants of all kinds. I think I used to use coffee as a surrogate for psychic feeding, and still drink at least a pot a day generally. Sugar can be very addictive to me, but I do not get fat from it.

Otherwise I have auburn hair and a fair complexion, but my eye color ranges from chocolate brown to almost black. My facial features are, well, "pretty" and also impish.

2. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ104.57
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I've got a goatee and rather angular face. That's about it.

3. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,343.14
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Haha, literally nothing. I am the least demon-y looking human you'll ever see. Short and round and pudgy. I really wish I had a higher metabolism... I put on weight so easy. Just another thing I don't like about this body. It's faulty, I want a refund!

Of course, even if I did have "demon-like" features, it would just be a coincidence. Kintypes can't affect you physically.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I eat a family sized stoffers by myself and I don't gain a pound. Caffeine is highly addictive for me and influences me super easy (didn't know that toll I cut it out of my diet because the kid would beat me more). I have an "allergy" to non-natural sugars.

Natural ginger. Stawberry blond if I go out a lot. Auburn if not. 5'3". freckles pale complexion (irish). my eyes are a light blue that looks grey from a distance with brown around the pupil. almost black outline around the eye color. high cheek bones.

I have the amount if hair on my head 3 people have. my nails grow about 1/2 a cm a week.

5. Lady Constantine

DemonkinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ101.97
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I have lots of birthmarks actually all over my left side , from shoulder to thight. I cant say I have really facial features.. I look really innocent and young. No one believe me when I told them my age. My eyes are brown with green in but in sunlight they are gleaming amber & I have huge canines also but then again that means nothing :p

6. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Lady Constantine Actually I have that too. People think I'm like 12 or 14 all the time. It actually pisses me off pretty badly. People at restaurants (back when I drank) where shocked to see I'm over 21.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Used to be in the same boat. In my early to mid twenties people thought I was still in high school. Now I'm 28, and suddenly I look like 30. I've read that a youthful appearance is an attribute of Faekin--or maybe it was just Otherkin in general--but for Demonkin I could see it going either way. Dark energy can preserve the body, or ravage it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ831.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I mean, I have a high metabolism too and I'm also easily mistaken for being younger than I look, but both of those things I can 100% point to my close family and grandparents to see the inheritance. Both sides of my family have people who have lived to quite old ages and still never really looked as old as a lot of people do at that age. People are always surprised when they hear about my grandma being in her nineties. Just good genes, really, and while it definitely doesn't have anything to do with my kintype, the idea of it keeps me closer to that kind of immortal being.

The few times I've tried to draw Lucifer, I belatedly realized I drew him with my face shape, but I mean we draw from what we know and see in front of us every day so that's not that surprising. It's difficult for me to draw people without giving them my face shape.

9. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    True, I could attribute some of this to genetics, but no one in my family eats like I do. I mean, typically around 4000 calories a day, and I only weigh 160-165. Not hyperthyroid either.

It's all speculative, of course, but I do believe every physical reality has an underlying spiritual cause. I think the subtle planes naturally find expression in the physical. Any sort of demonic attributes we find in ourselves might seem trivial or easily dismissed by reason, but they still remind us of what we are. Or if nothing else, it's fun just to conjecture.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lady Constantine

DemonkinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ101.97
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Am I the only one with birthmarks?
    Its interesting what they say about birthmarks that they are past lifes deadly wounds, im not really sure about it .

11. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I have quite a few birthmarks. One on each leg, same spot but mirrored. Outter thigh is where they are. One on my left foot, specifically on a toe. For the longest time only showed up whwn wet... and one on the back of my right hip.

12. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Brimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ300.93
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    I have deepset eyes, birthmarks in the shape of triangles that only appear when i'm angry or greatly stressed, and I don't gain or lose weight easily.

13. Arcane

Arcane Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ71.84
    Primary Identity:
    Shadow
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    From reading this thread, maybe a distinguishing characteristic of demonkin is how young we look?

I myself look like a 12 yr old when my vessel is 20yrs old. I think I'll get carded till I'm 80 haha
    Birthmarks too maybe. I also have mirrored birthmarks and some in off places

• Like Like x 1
  14. Khar

Khar Hatchling

Shark
    Bones:
    Ƀ416.60
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Mood:
    :winkytongue:
    I have a weird birthmark. A raised, rough, darker area kind of in the shape of your classic archipelago (string of islands). When I was really young, I had a biopsy of it to make sure it wasn't something harmful. I don't particularly associate anything about my appearance with kin stuff, but my birthmark has always been special to me.

If I were to comment on my appearance as it could relate to kin stuff, I'd be wary. I am Middle Eastern, so I have olive skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown/black-ish eyes. To myself, I'd find happiness in how I am dark and alluring and "exotic" and fit into that vicious mermaid aesthetic. But I wouldn't normally voice those feelings cause it's, like, a tad racist. Idk. I can be racist at myself if I want.

When it comes to how others see me, I'm happy to have heard that I can be intimidating. People who know me laugh at that because I'm such a goon, but people who don't know me, I guess, find me intimidating, and a few have just assumed I have formal martial arts training, when that is totally false. Might be my haircut that does it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

CrowBlack Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ609.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I have a birthmark on my middle finger which is quite pretty I think. It's in the shape of a swirl. But yeah the only thing I can think of of that relating to my kintypes is that it's the same finger my magical girl ring was worn on, which in my universe contained the soul, so.
    I also get mistaken for being a young girl, even though I'm 20. I've been mistaken for around 13/14. Which is also funny since both of my fictotypes are very youthful-looking even though one is an ageless demon entity and the other is nearly 19 in canon.
    But like others have said, I don't think it really means anything since physical attributes don't have to be related to kintype.