Dexter, anyone? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Dexter, anyone?

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by Lowin, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Lowin

Lowin Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ184.23
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    (If this topic is too mature, then I apologize; however, I see a Game of Thrones thread on here, so I would think I'm okay as long as no graphic details are mentioned!)

I have no one to fangirl about it with! Almost none of my friends has seen it, and those who have either didn't like it or lost interest somewhere in the middle of the series. On top of that, my boyfriend is sensitive to gore and couldn't even handle the first episode, so getting him into it is pretty much a lost cause, hehe.

So, anyone here into it? If so, what reeled you in? My biggest thing was the narration style. I'm absolutely in love with it. How you live the story through his mind, and how the tone of his thoughts changes with his emotions. I've just never encountered anything like it, save for maybe Sherlock, but even that's different. (Sorry if that seems odd, but maybe that's just the writer in me. XD)

2. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    Dexter is my future husband. I love that show...but don't read the books...they're highly disappointing and rather different. The only thing that's the same is Dexter's character.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lowin

Lowin Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ184.23
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Really? I started reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter a little while ago. Haven't finished it because I rarely have time for a leisurely book, but I'm past the first few chapters and think it's pretty good....Maybe that's just because I haven't yet been introduced to the other major characters? Lol

Oh, well. I'll keep on reading for now. Worst case, if I find myself dissatisfied with the story, at least I have an example of good writing to use as a reference for myself!

I hear you, though. Dexter is love. <3 Quinn is also a doll...even if he's a bit of a sleazebag. It's that stupid smile. :rolleyes: