Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Do you have any animalistic or otherkin urges?

shadowedwolf

Pronouns
Feminine
Okay so idk if this is just me but i have the urges to eat dog treats and walk on all fours or even bite some things but lucky i have a necklace to bite on -w-

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
That's cool! it seems you are as well one to enjoy the tactile (through touch) expressions of your therian side.

Maybe the first serious thing I did, is purchase some quality red meat and eat it nice and rare. Mmn.
(on that note, dog treats are rarely food grade, so take care of yourself!)

Who hasn't gone on all fours and tried to run in the grass? There are videos of others who have become very skilled at such!

Have you ever let off a wicked howl somewhere where no one will ever know who it was? Twice some kids responded with their own!

I usually growl under my breath at people I don't like, tilt my head at curious things and on the occasion to clean food off my hands the animal way.

4ng3l_n0m4d1c

Pronouns
Neutral
I myself tend to chew and scratch at things, especially when I'm shifted, and while I don't do it as often as when I was younger, I still snarl, growl, and crouch/scurry everywhere on all fours like a small creature. In public I get away with head tilting and making small noises without gaining too much judgement, so those are common tics of mine. I enjoy howling as well, but more so as a verbal stim rather than an animalistic urge. I think this is all tied in with being therian, even if I don't know what animal I am yet; maybe it has something to do with being an imp.
The only urge I have for my deity self is quite a lot of sleeping and daydreaming.

Kirsten015

Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
Host: I have gotten the urge to eat dog treats before, and asked one of my parents here if I could eat them, but they always said no as they were dog treats even though I'm not technically therian I am otherkin. I do walk on all fours, crawl up/down stairs, roll around on a bed/sofa, stretch my shoulder blades individually (as my form in astral has wings), etc.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
If I'm out in nature on a bright sunny day, I like to find a tall place to sit and just watch everything. I know that doesn't sound very exciting. The urge to jump into they sky and push at the air until it carries me is one but of course that never works. When out walking, my attention is always drawn to movement and the sound of rustling leaves. I want to see what is making the noise even if I have no chance and no need to catch anything.

The deity side is much harder to explain. I want to reach out and become part of my surroundings, feeling the air itself, infusing my energy into the land. I set up a sort of hum that aligns the area, similar to how a magnetic field aligns iron filings. Sometimes I combine my energy with other beings who are compatible with me. I say things like "Be strong, be well." I don't have much concept of personal space in this mode. If I say "Mine" it means "I love you and I protect you." Naturally, if I behaved that way as a human everyone would think I was being grabby and rude.

ParadiseWolf

Banned
Pronouns
Masculine
I get urges to interact with other canines and sometimes like to play chase and wrestle with friendly dogs. Exploring in the woods and snow, and taking walks and night are things I like to do when I get restless. If I see a tunnel or something similar, I'm drawn to explore it. I also tend to chew on things without noticing it. :grntg:

CoolishBean

Pronouns
Feminine
As a catkin, I get urges to eat cat food and just push things off of counters as well. Also, as a vampirekin as well, I get urges to drink blood and go into forests and fly, but I can’t sadly ;(

kitsune-rokko

Otherkin
Pronouns
Feminine
Walking in forests is really calming and I often feel the urge to want to roll around on ground or dive into snow (which I must resist because I know my body cannot handle that). Then there's the compulsion to be sneaky, to swipe things and then hide them away for later. (I have to really really be cautious to not act on this because I want to be a good fox and not steal from people. So I limit swiping to stuff that's been thrown away/abandoned, and hiding things to stuff I own) I also have been at many times been very tempted to swipe some of my roommate's dog's food, especially during the period her kibble was shrimp-flavored. I tend to gravitate towards meat, rice, and tofu in food preference (rice & tofu craving is a trait of kitsune possession). There was also going up and down stairs on all fours, back when I lived in places with stairs. I also make animalistic noises at times.

My apologies for the organization of this post being weird, I hope it is still okay.

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
When I run in the mornings, I pant with mouth open and letting out little snarls. I love to howl but I have a feeling that considering how quiet the neighborhood is my doing so would not be taken well, and honestly I don't like howling alone. So I wait until I'm with my best friend. Rare meat is amazing for both my kintypes, and I like to get up with the sun so I have some alone time in the dark

BugNerd6

Pronouns
Masculine
Okay so idk if this is just me but i have the urges to eat dog treats and walk on all fours or even bite some things but lucky i have a necklace to bite on -w-
Yes, I always seek social attention as is normal for a monkey. I also, unproudly, feel aggression that I have to push away when I feel that my role in any type of group is threatened. Whenever I am in a tree or any other high area I feel the need to call out loudly to others(monkey noises).

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
Being in any flat, open place drives me to start running (which is unfortunate due to my body's breathing problems I can't run nearly as far as I'd like). On the rare occasion I'm with a friend my I have a tendency to become aggressively playful, feeling the need to demand playfights or races or play tag.
I also feel urges to eat certain plants that stand out as "appealing" to this inner sense. I usually obey rational thought with that one, I've witnessed first hand what happens when someone eats the wrong plants. But I occasionally let myself browse on plants I'm confident I can identify as safe.

juniper

Pronouns
Feminine
Whenever I go hiking or walking along the beach I sometimes get the urge to run, and I always take off my shoes as well because walking in the dirt in bare feet feels so nice. I'm seeing some other people talking about wanting to eat dog treats and although I haven't done that, I once used some dog shampoo on myself in the shower because I had just run out of normal shampoo haha

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
Whenever I go hiking or walking along the beach I sometimes get the urge to run, and I always take off my shoes as well because walking in the dirt in bare feet feels so nice. I'm seeing some other people talking about wanting to eat dog treats and although I haven't done that, I once used some dog shampoo on myself in the shower because I had just run out of normal shampoo haha
There are luckily alot of human-safe dog treats. Some even taste pretty good! Generally "cookie" or "cracker" ones are the best, and alot of meaty treats are... certainly not what most people expect "food" to taste like to say the least.

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Because some of you mentioned it: Since I was a child I often want to run in open space. Often I do, and I don't run like a normal human would. I use one leg to push my body forward, and the other leg to maintain balance or something like that. My sister said I was "jumping while running". I don't even try to jump most of the time.
Meanwhile I don't use my arms, they just hang around. My dad once asked me why I don't use my arms while running, because normal people do so. I told him that:
  1. Unlike normal people, I have no instinct or reflex to use my arms while running.
  2. I am already using my legs, and if I would consciously use my arms as well, this would be uncomfortable and, if I do so for long, overwhelming.
He was accepting, but didn't understand of course.

Since I was 11 years old I have fantasies of hunting humans while running. These are caused mostly by anger. Back then I was bullied, and I wanted to vanquish the bullies, but could do so only in my mind. The hunting fantasies are less common now.

I thought the running urge is an Asperger's thing, since that's what other people think of it, if they know about my Autism.

Pawsitivity_Doggo

Pronouns
Neutral
I'm a newly awakened Therian, I went to the grocery store feeling very shifted for the first time, bought like 3/4 different kinds of hot dogs/sausages, and then felt so happy! Eating food that fits with my type makes me very happy

2-D

Fictionkin
Furry
Bisexual Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
Mine isn't very animalistic at all, but it is otherkin.

I used to (and sometimes still do) get urges to do things like being up as high as I can, or things that are like flying. I tried to jump as high as I could on the trampoline, or swing as high as I could to feel like I'm flying. This has gone on for years. I love those rides that go up high, especially the swings and some roller coasters. Unfortunately I had a scary experience on one ride, and now I'm less enthusiastic about them. The thing that held me in my seat wasn't completely secure, and the ride went upside down multiple times.

Another thing, I would look at the sky and I would want to be up there. It was like I should be up there. I've had a lot of flying dreams, and daydreams as well.

DanceMacabre

Pronouns
Neutral
One time I was walking downtown and saw the fresh, newly sprouted spring grass. I was delighted by its green-ness because green things don't last long here. I wanted to flop down and roll around on it, but it would scare the humans to see a woman rolling on the lawn of a court house.

Elluenda

Pronouns
Feminine
Yep! Can't tell you the number of times I've been possum-noshing some food, totally lost in it, and look over to see my husband laughing at me! I absolutely love mental shifts for my two theriotypes and revel in them.
I've had possum shifts longer than owl shifts, so i am currently enjoying the discovery process as far as owl shifts go. Kinda like Shezep mentioned from the perspective of a hawk, I just want to sit up somewhere high and dark where I can see you but you can't see me, lol. I find sometimes the threat-responses owls tend to do arises in me when I myself feel threatened--big big wings, clacking beak, hissing, really weird disorienting movements... :p
It's been a long while, but sometimes I still get the whispers of old wolf-shifts, and wonder if that is starting to return, too. Running, rolling, scrambling, playing!